3. Idaho — 28.75 days
  4. Wisconsin — 28.93 days
  5. Texas — 29.09 days
  6. Arkansas — 29.53
  7. Washington — 30.25
  8. Oregon — 31.44
  9. Georgia — 31.45
  10. Wyoming — 31.5
The national average to close on a home is 33.5 days, though that figure can fluctuate due to market conditions, according to the RubyHome analysis.

For some reason the number 4 and 6 spots are interesting. "The West" continues to be very popular.

Last edited:
Assuming an average 21 day close, time on market would be 6-11 days? That's definitely on the quick side.

Reactions: CKN
  1. Utah — 27.07 days
  2. Nevada — 27.45 days
  3. Idaho — 28.75 days
  5. Texas — 29.09 days
  6. Arkansas — 29.53
  7. Washington — 30.25
  8. Oregon — 31.44
  9. Georgia — 31.45
  10. Wyoming — 31.5
The national average to close on a home is 33.5 days, though that figure can fluctuate due to market conditions, according to the RubyHome analysis.

For some reason the number 4 and 6 spots are interesting. "The West" continues to be very popular.

California is the feeder state for NV, UT, and probably Idaho.

The article says time to close? Isn't that the time from when a purchase offer is accepted to the point where the buyer actually takes possesion? IT doesn't include time on market?

Or am I missing something?

The article says time to close? Isn't that the time from when a purchase offer is accepted to the point where the buyer actually takes possesion? IT doesn't include time on market?

Or am I missing something?

Article says,

“In hot markets where sales activity is high, selling a home can take longer than the average due to a limited workforce of property appraisers and inspectors,” the RubyHome spokesperson said.

So it's really all about how long it takes to close which is entirely dependent on the workforce.

It's typically 30 days to close, from what I've seen.

3 days either way has never made a difference in any of the buy/sale transactions I've ever done.
Most times it doesn't. I had a situation when buying a brand new home-and selling my existing home that it did. I was within 10 minutes of becoming homeless....literally.

It's typically 30 days to close, from what I've seen.

3 days either way has never made a difference in any of the buy/sale transactions I've ever done.
I've seen as little as 14 days, but 21 days seems to be average out here.
All cash offers can often be under 14 days.

1. Utah — 27.07 days
  2. Nevada — 27.45 days
  3. Idaho — 28.75 days
  5. Texas — 29.09 days
  6. Arkansas — 29.53
  7. Washington — 30.25
  8. Oregon — 31.44
  9. Georgia — 31.45
  10. Wyoming — 31.5

I have a difficult time not seeing Colorado not on this list. I've met numerous realtors and even leased a Lexus to a very well known realtor. A number of homes in the Golden and Douglas county areas were selling the first day on the market. Wyoming really? I don't know of anyone moving to Wyoming.

I have a difficult time not seeing Colorado not on this list. I've met numerous realtors and even leased a Lexus to a very well known realtor. A number of homes in the Golden and Douglas county areas were selling the first day on the market. Wyoming really? I don't know of anyone moving to Wyoming.
It's growing-just not at a fast rate-

It's growing-just not at a fast rate-
From what I've heard Wyoming citizens don't take to outsiders very well. This may just be more of the rural areas. A guy that I worked with had friends up in Wyoming. He said many were short with him when he said he was from Colorado

oh... including closing...
i was going to say... when my brother moved back to our home town from just outside Ft Worth( 2016), his house was actually on the market for about 5 hours...cash offer over asking....

In my area the market is hot. Homes usually sell within days for thousands above the asking price. Two houses down from me the house sold in about three weeks for 31K above asking.

In my area the market is hot. Homes usually sell within days for thousands above the asking price. Two houses down from me the house sold in about three weeks for 31K above asking.

The house had an offer in three weeks-then the paperwork began. This is where the article is coming from. It was "sold" after all the paperwork was completed and the loan funded.

Maybe Jackson Hole skewed the numbers

Back