Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 3.8" in 10MM

Ordered a S/A XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact in 10mm on January 7th and picked it up this past Monday. Plan to use it as a hunting and hiking gun. Woods carry load will be 200 grain hardcast flat points running about 1050-1100 FPS. May or may not run a red dot optic. Had hoped to run a few rounds through it today but it rained until late afternoon. Maybe next weekend!

IMG_2225.jpeg

They build a good gun. I’m a 10mm fan and this one has piqued my interest. Please let us know what you think of it.

Oh that's sexy. I like the small size (I got small hands) and 10mm for hiking seems like a great choice.

Oh that's sexy. I like the small size (I got small hands) and 10mm for hiking seems like a great choice.

I tried the Glock 29 but it was too large in the grip for me to shoot well. This one should carry nice in a Gunfighters Kenai or Northwest Retention Scout chest holster.

Nice pistol. I owned a G29 for a time but it just couldn't replace the G19. Shoot some true 10mm spec ammo through it if you want to know the definition of snappy recoil. ;)

Most over the counter 10mm is barely hotter than 40 S&W +P.

Edit, I see you had the G29 so you probably know what I mean. I had some loads that would throw a 10 inch fireball, not practical but fun at the range.

Nice pistol. I owned a G29 for a time but it just couldn't replace the G19. Shoot some true 10mm spec ammo through it if you want to know the definition of snappy recoil. ;)

Most over the counter 10mm is barely hotter than 40 S&W +P.

Edit, I see you had the G29 so you probably know what I mean. I had some loads that would throw a 10 inch fireball, not practical but fun at the range.

When loaded to full potential the 10mm can bark pretty good. I have shot some Underwood and Double Tap in the past that was pretty rowdy too.

Very nice. I didn't even know they were making that compact model. My Dad and uncle both have the full sets of 10xx S&W's and those are some nice shooting pistols. 10mm is an easy round to handload for just hard to find all that brass! I've been eyeing one of the longslide 10mm glocks for deer hunting.

I tried the Glock 29 but it was too large in the grip for me to shoot well. This one should carry nice in a Gunfighters Kenai or Northwest Retention Scout chest holster.

Yea I noticed a lot of glocks are too big or wide for my hand. It's a shame really because I do like them. The Walther PPQ is probably my favorite to hold.

Very nice. I didn't even know they were making that compact model. My Dad and uncle both have the full sets of 10xx S&W's and those are some nice shooting pistols. 10mm is an easy round to handload for just hard to find all that brass! I've been eyeing one of the longslide 10mm glocks for deer hunting.

As I understand it, the compact was released late fall of 2021.

The 10XX pistols from S&W are what got me started on 10mm long ago.

They command premium prices, and the magazines, out of production for several years, go for outrageous money.

The 10XX pistols from S&W are what got me started on 10mm long ago.

They command premium prices, and the magazines, out of production for several years, go for outrageous money.

My truck gun for years was a 1066 with 6 spare mags (had a nice leather carry case and that's how many mag pouches it had). One day a few years ago I did the math on how much $$$ I was leaving in my truck and I got something different to carry..

Yea I noticed a lot of glocks are too big or wide for my hand. It's a shame really because I do like them. The Walther PPQ is probably my favorite to hold.

The PPQ M2 is an excellent pistol. Good friend purchased one a couple years back and let me shoot it some. Excellent shooting pistol. If you like the PPQ, I'd say you would like the VP9 too.

The PPQ M2 is an excellent pistol. Good friend purchased one a couple years back and let me shoot it some. Excellent shooting pistol. If you like the PPQ, I'd say you would like the VP9 too.

I really wanted a VP9. My close friend had one for CC; his hands are huge compared to mine but I liked how solid it felt. I rented a VP9 at the range and that one felt very loose and very used, my shots ended up all over the place.

Back