Spray Detailer to Maintain/Top Ceramic Coating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had our Tucson Ceramic Coated by a Detailer. It looks fantastic.

Detailer said he would use P&S bead maker as a topper or I can use my usual FK425 Detailer.

What do you guys prefer as a spray topper for a ceramic coated car? Or is this a waste of time and a bad idea?

Car was Coated with Gtechniq crystal serum light and gtechniq exo v4 after a paint correction.

Here is a crappy pic before the rain. Will update with more soon.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
P&S bead maker. that is what i use. when diluted a great window cleaner also.
my guy used the same ceramic as you btw. great stuff

Last edited:
Originally Posted by atikovi
Isn't the whole point of ceramic coating to not have to apply any more products, just wash it?

Yes,
I won't need to apply any labor intensive products a couple times a year like before, however my Detailer recommended using the P&S or similar quick spray and wipe product once a quarter to extend the life of the ceramic coating.

There is no real need to put a top on it other than extending the life of the coating a year or two.

Last edited:
Our last two cars got cquartzUK on them, then I've topped them with HydrO2 or lately, McKees SiO2 spray. The meguiars and turtle wax products would work too...

Love this stuff, though after a few years I'm still seeing the benefit to going over it mechanically now and again to get other fouling off.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Our last two cars got cquartzUK on them, then I've topped them with HydrO2 or lately, McKees SiO2 spray. The meguiars and turtle wax products would work too...

Love this stuff, though after a few years I'm still seeing the benefit to going over it mechanically now and again to get other fouling off.

Thanks,

I'll check those products out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back