Split A/C unit - Missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll insulate the TXV bulb this week, thanks.

Today my brother and I crawled underneath the house, it is lined with fiberglass insulation up under the floor. Under that is the hard metal ducts. There is 1-12" insulated flexible duct that runs to 2 vents across the house about 15'. Right in the middle of it it was broken in half just blowing cold air under the house. My brother and I used a ton of duct tape and got it matched up real good, turned the a/c back on and it blew the flexible hose off where it meets up with the hard steel ducting. The idiots who put all this together didn't use an elbow, they stretched the already too short flexible duct in a 90 degree bend which caused it to break over time. Went to Home Depot and got a 12" 90 degree elbow and another one that's adjusted straight to give the hose some slack, used sheet metal screws and aluminum tape to seal it up and it's really strong, no more leaks.

This winter we will probably replace the flexible hose, it's just too hot to be doing it and have the a/c off in the meantime.

We'll see how it does this week, thanks for all the help guys.

Just wanted to update this thread one more time.

Went over today, 105 outside, 72 in the hallway. Incredibly colder! A/C now cycles like it should, doesn't run all day. They didn't know it was turned so cold so we turned it to 74, which it shouldn't have a problem keeping them temp at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back