Speedibleed brake fluid bleeder, any experiences??

Hey folks, all this reading about brake fluid has me thinking that I should change my ways a little and put fresh fluid in my vehicles a little more often. But I am always a one man operation.

Saw speedibleed system mentioned in a couple posts. I have mostly toyotas (Prius x 2 and a new RAV4) and one Nissan. Would cost about $120 for the setup and spare nissan adaptor.

Anyone know if the speedibleed makes the process easier with toyota?

never tried them but interested BUT my ONE person Motive power bleeder serves me well for for about 20 years on multiple vehicles with the correct master cyl adapter

You can get dorman speed bleeders from Autozone (maybe other parts store?) that work pretty well. They have a check ball in them. I usually put a hose on them that leads down into a bottle or bucket and just go.

You can get dorman speed bleeders from Autozone (maybe other parts store?) that work pretty well. They have a check ball in them. I usually put a hose on them that leads down into a bottle or bucket and just go.
speed bleeders are awsome , just keep pumping the brake pedal , easy peesy, also saw a video of a guy who took the tube of of the head of a spray bottle and connected a soft tube from that to the bleeder and just pumped with his fingers , i havent tried that but looked like it would work good

Yep, years ago I had trouble bleeding calipers on an old Dodge van and the speed bleeders made it very easy. I used Dorman ones, if I remember right.

Well made, I just ordered a European adapter for my VW. I have used it (Speeii-Bleed) on the Kia's with no issues, unique tire pressure powered regulator that requires no hand pumping.

I have one but have not used it yet... The red hose sources air pressure from your tire; the clear line applies fluid to your master cylinder under light pressure.
speedibleeder.jpeg

+ 1 for the Motive Power Bleeder. That speedibleed container looks pretty small and you might run out of fluid allowing air into the system. My Motive container is quite big, can probably hold close to a gallon, although for most vehicles two quarts should do the job.

Attachments

• Motive.jpg
    Motive.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 4
OP, is there a specific reason why you are looking at the pressurized types of bleeding systems? If you are just looking to brake fluid exchange, the standard speed bleeders (a simple one-way check valve) are much cheaper, easier to use, takes up less storage space etc..

This is the one I use, I too am a one-man operation.

Back