Speaker and amp install in Dover Delaware

I have a 2013 Ford Edge with the 4" screen I am interested in switching out the speakers and possibly adding an amp. Since there isn't many cost efficient options for stereos.. I was wondering if there's anyone on here, in my area that is knowledgeable on doing this.. I am not able to do it, too many disabilities. Besides breathing issues I have spinal stenosis, bending down is extremely difficult..
Thank you

I just thought there may be somebody on here, that does it on the side.. I'm capable of doing a Google search..

There are still some fantastic car audio products available. Sometimes the selection is quite vehicle specific, and some units may not perform the way you want. An example of this would be the reduction of bass as the volume is raised. I hate that, especially when feeding a powerful amp.

My suggestion, get a modest head unit that does what you want, hook it to a powerful amp, that can drive a subwoofer. I tend to prefer a small, well located sealed sub for tight bass. However, the amp must be able to compensate through equalization, for the bass roll off of such a sub. The result can be both inexpensive and absolutely spectacular when done right.

I know you are searching for an installer. I'd suggest the Crutchfield website for component selection and asking them for an installer recommendation.

There are still some fantastic car audio products available. Sometimes the selection is quite vehicle specific, and some units may not perform the way you want. An example of this would be the reduction of bass as the volume is raised. I hate that, especially when feeding a powerful amp.

My suggestion, get a modest head unit that does what you want, hook it to a powerful amp, that can drive a subwoofer. I tend to prefer a small, well located sealed sub for tight bass. However, the amp must be able to compensate through equalization, for the bass roll off of such a sub. The result can be both inexpensive and absolutely spectacular when done right.

I know you are searching for an installer. I'd suggest the Crutchfield website for component selection and asking them for an installer recommendation.
No head units available for my vehicle.. that's why I was going the other way. Especially since I have a speaker on the way out

No head units available for my vehicle.. that's why I was going the other way. Especially since I have a speaker on the way out
For many of the Fords with the 4” screen, there are full dash center pieces that give you the right-sized opening for a double DIN radio. Not sure if the Edge is one of them. I think Metra makes the dash kit.

I left the factory HU in my F150 and simply spliced in a Kicker Key200.4 inside the dash. It’s got built-in, auto-tuning DSP and an amp dyno verified 55wrms x 4. I then dropped some Focal Flax Performance Series speakers in the doors after using Second Skin to cover under the door cards. It gets loud enough cleanly that you can’t talk to the front passenger and retains all factory controls. I’d highly recommend this amp & approach; just one 8ga power wire needs to come into the vehicle, and ground the amp to the dash bar.

For many of the Fords with the 4” screen, there are full dash center pieces that give you the right-sized opening for a double DIN radio. Not sure if the Edge is one of them. I think Metra makes the dash kit.

I left the factory HU in my F150 and simply spliced in a Kicker Key200.4 inside the dash. It’s got built-in, auto-tuning DSP and an amp dyno verified 55wrms x 4. I then dropped some Focal Flax Performance Series speakers in the doors after using Second Skin to cover under the door cards. It gets loud enough cleanly that you can’t talk to the front passenger and retains all factory controls. I’d highly recommend this amp & approach; just one 8ga power wire needs to come into the vehicle, and ground the amp to the dash bar.
I need to find someone who knows how to do this.. a professional install place is going to charge a few hundred bucks at least for the speaker install and The amp install.. and I'm unable to do it myself.

I need to find someone who knows how to do this.. a professional install place is going to charge a few hundred bucks at least for the speaker install and The amp install.. and I'm unable to do it myself.
Also, one thing you will be able to do- get ForScan. I also went into the multitude of electronic options for the audio signal and changed the output from the factory HU to a 4V preamp output, NOT a speaker output. The KEY200.4 can deal with a high-level input, but from my youthful years of car audio I was spoiled with 8V preamp outputs from Eclipse HUs. IMO, you’re better with a non-amplified, high-volt signal into your amp rather than using the high level inputs. Best of luck!

Also, one thing you will be able to do- get ForScan. I also went into the multitude of electronic options for the audio signal and changed the output from the factory HU to a 4V preamp output, NOT a speaker output. The KEY200.4 can deal with a high-level input, but from my youthful years of car audio I was spoiled with 8V preamp outputs from Eclipse HUs. IMO, you’re better with a non-amplified, high-volt signal into your amp rather than using the high level inputs. Best of luck!
Thank you

That shouldn't be too difficult of a job for any cheap stereo shop. Replacing speakers and adding an amp is something I'd do. But It's wiring in a new system that can cause issues so i went to a flea market stereo shop to get everything upgraded in my now gone f150. radio, speakers, amp, and subs. They did a perfect job. Find some ghetto stereo shop in the bad part of town. I'd say to go to a flea market and find some ilegales like i do but that's Delaware and not Houston Texas. So there's probably next to none over there.

Last edited:
Back