Spark plugs for an Audi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice for some spark plugs for a 1996 A4 with the 12v v6. Would it be wise to stick with a bosch oem equivalent plug, or is there better out there? I just want an oem replacement (car is a daily winter driver).

Also the car still has oem plug wires on it at 120k. Are the oem bremi worth the cost, or will a decent set of aftermarket ones be ok? I'm just not sure how particular these motors are with aftermarket stuff, or sticking with oem the way to go.

NGK Part # 57145 for wires, just got a set of the NGK's for my truck, they can be had for your Audi for less than OEM, unless you're cool with spending double for Beck/Arnley on RockAuto...

Id go with Bosch plugs, Platinum

Yep, I have Bosch in both my 12 valves. Work great. Buy em from Advance with promo codes to lower the cost.
smile.gif

Stick with the OEM Bosch plugs.

As for the wires, the Bremi are an excellent product that can be directly sourced from a number of parts places on the internet for less. But you can also use Bosch wires which are almost as good and usually quite a bit cheaper.

Owing several VWs myself I always stick with the OEM plug and wires.

Good wires abound. Remember $10 more now is smart.

Factory plugs are also smart here.
I use Bosch only when they are factory equipped.
And you got 'em!

Check the Bosch site itself. It'll tell you if there have been any changes in the plug recommendation and maybe even tell you why. The Bosch site saved me from potential upsells to the platinums. Heck, I paid around $2 a plug, so Bosch was far from expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back