Spark plug stash

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Some folks here have oil stashes....I have a plug/coil pack stash for my Sportwagen 🤣.

Denso IKH24s gapped to 0.024". 1 heat range colder than stock.
NGK "RS7" gapped stock at 0.026". 1 heat range colder than stock.
NGK Ruthenium gapped stock at 0.028". Stock heat range.
VW/Audi coilpacks for the RS3.

I like to try different plugs and I change mine every 10K for good measure. Ive had what I perceive as the best results with the RS7 plugs but am excited to try the Ruths. Tuned MK7 VWs enjoy this regiment. I currently run APR coil packs which have been shown to have a little more output than stock/RS3 coils which *should* allow a slightly larger gap and stronger spark...on theory....

I get my plugs from FCP Euro so free replacements for life with their 100% Lifetime Replacement Gaurantee (you cover shipping but I bundle with oil and other maintenance bits, use PayPal, the get my shipping refunded).

20210413_094937.jpg

Are the NGK Ruthenium's DFE or PSPE? Where the colder plugs working well?
Had to look those up...not familiar. The Ruth's say they are PSPE for the turbo car applications.

Colder plugs work great/no issues but TBH, I probalby can run stockers/stock heat range plugs with the same results which was my point of trying the Ruths - lots of guys pushing power on the platform run them with good results. The Densos don't last long is their main issue but for $40 and as easy as the change is (plus "free" with FCP) I don't really care.

Yea we usually run the Ford LPG iridium plugs here they are 1 step colder and have a smaller gap. But I have heard about the Ruth's be interested to see what you think. I can buy them on ebay au now for wait $139 for 6 haha but the Ford plugs cost $60 or so.

I get my plugs from FCP Euro so free replacements for life with their 100% Lifetime Replacement Gaurantee (you cover shipping but I bundle with oil and other maintenance bits, use PayPal, the get my shipping refunded).

Can you expand on the PayPal, the get my shipping refunded???

Does PayPal pay for the shipping costs of the parts going back to FCP???

Every 10K for plugs? That’s crazy plugs get expensive these days. I don’t have any extra plugs at home or work or anywhere. I’ve never ran into a situation where the parts store didn’t have the plugs I needed. I guess it would be good if it was a Sunday and the stores closed earlier or were closed but you would know if you needed to replace your spark plugs before then I would hope. I did have an extra set of plugs for my truck but I’m probably going to put those in the new truck not sure yet.

Every 10K for plugs? That’s crazy plugs get expensive these days. I don’t have any extra plugs at home or work or anywhere. I’ve never ran into a situation where the parts store didn’t have the plugs I needed. I guess it would be good if it was a Sunday and the stores closed earlier or were closed but you would know if you needed to replace your spark plugs before then I would hope. I did have an extra set of plugs for my truck but I’m probably going to put those in the new truck not sure yet.
A set of the Ruth's was $36 from Rock Auto. The Densos/RS7 are $50-$75 I believe. Tuned turbo VWs eat plugs. 10-15K is what most of the tuners recommend on this platform. Note this has nothing to do with whatever other cars you have etc., this is for the MQB VWs.

Can you expand on the PayPal, the get my shipping refunded???

Does PayPal pay for the shipping costs of the parts going back to FCP???
Just use Paypal to purchase your stuff through FCP. When you go to return it for the replacement deal, just ship it back and keep your receipt. Go to Paypal and sign up for the free return shipping deal they have (just google it). I just upload my receipt and bam, I get a refund. Sometimes I've had to also show them the email from FCP that they go the return. 100% free oil changes and parts. Folks here get so worked up over oil rebates..hahahahah...this is the best deal going if you have a Euro car and no, it's not "wrong" or "unethical" as some like to point out - FCP literally shows you how to do it, has videos on how to to do it etc.

Just use Paypal to purchase your stuff through FCP. When you go to return it for the replacement deal, just ship it back and keep your receipt. Go to Paypal and sign up for the free return shipping deal they have (just google it). I just upload my receipt and bam, I get a refund. Sometimes I've had to also show them the email from FCP that they go the return. 100% free oil changes and parts. Folks here get so worked up over oil rebates..hahahahah...this is the best deal going if you have a Euro car and no, it's not "wrong" or "unethical" as some like to point out - FCP literally shows you how to do it, has videos on how to to do it etc.

Thanks, I was not aware of the PayPal program. I am a FCP customer since the early 2000's when it was call FCP Groton: I even have my own customer number.

Thanks, I was not aware of the PayPal program. I am a FCP customer since the early 2000's when it was call FCP Groton: I even have my own customer number.
I can't recall where I heard about it but it 100% works. Here you go - from my PayPal and no, I don't really care that you know I bought a bunch of underwear but just b/c, I scribbled it out..hahahahah
Capture.JPG

A few spares makes sense, but spark plugs are typically not a frequent service item so I don't understand why anyone (other than a parts store) would have a stash. Someone enlighten me please.

A few spares makes sense, but spark plugs are typically not a frequent service item so I don't understand why anyone (other than a parts store) would have a stash. Someone enlighten me please.
Why not. They can come handy around Christmas as tree ornaments.

Just read my comments above. Particular to my car and what's done to it. Typically have full spare set but it got out of hand..haha

A 10K service interval on modern sparks plugs is still a waste of time and money even if you only have to pay for the shipping. My original 2007 Denso iridium's have a ton of miles and still don't need to be changed according to the FSM.

Back