Spark plug pics 2GR-FSE Lexus

Sorry for the second post on the same topic, but I couldn't figure out how to edit the first one.

Here are the promised pictures of the spark plugs taken out of my 2015 Lexus GS 350 at 60K miles.
These were replaced as required to maintain the emissions warranty. Let me know your thoughts.
IMG-1038.jpg
IMG-1039.jpg
IMG-1040.jpg
IMG-1041.jpg
IMG-1042.jpg

Look at last pic bottom right. That plug bottom ground electrode looks totally missing, So not a wasted excersise. Of course it could be a picture focus thing too. Rest of plugs look like they have another 50k life in them

Look at last pic bottom right. That plug bottom ground electrode looks totally missing, So not a wasted excersise. Of course it could be a picture focus thing too. Rest of plugs look like they have another 50k life in them
It’s the photo. All electrodes present.

The story those plugs are telling me is the engine is fine and you have nothing to worry about. ;)

Look great. Do all the Lexus cars use multi-side electrode design?
Toyota uses these for their D4-S engines(2GR-FSE/FKS/FXS, 2UR-FSE/GSE/FXE, 8AR-FTS, A25A-FKS, M20A-FKS, V35A-FTS). The theory is that if the center electrode gets carbon fouled due to DI, the side ground straps provide an alternate ground path to “clean” the plug.

Back