Spam email mentioning sites I’ve visited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, but given the email contains very recent OPs browsing historyt I would back up contacts, photos etc. and do a complete wipe of the phone and set it up as brand new, not restore from the cloud back up. Restoring from cloud backup may still keep whatever exploit is on the phone.
While it would be good to find out what's causing it, or it it is indeed a coincidence, I would not take any chances. Complete wipe would be my option.

Sure but you're assuming that there is an exploit.

What's to say there is?

Or it's a leaked password or something like that. So hard to tell.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Open the email on a different device and see if the message is the same. It's probably reading a cookie on your current device.

Good thing to try. Used my iPad, and the result was the same.

Does your iphone and ipad sync with each other? Could they both have the same malicious cookie, if that is what the problem is?

Originally Posted by terry274
Originally Posted by JHZR2

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Open the email on a different device and see if the message is the same. It's probably reading a cookie on your current device.

Good thing to try. Used my iPad, and the result was the same.

Does your iphone and ipad sync with each other? Could they both have the same malicious cookie, if that is what the problem is?

No. I don't use iCloud and avoid anything syncing with anything else.

Wonderful, got another message...

This one supposedly from my mother. And has my initials, which is not something that everyone would have.

I think the similarity is that all these use yahoo mail. I don't. I have to wonder if there was/is a yahoo compromise. There's no reason why my mother would have emails with my college friends, even close ones. And, I looked in the spam catcher, and got another one from someone I knew in college and haven't communicated with since then (over a decade).

The composition is similar.

(My initials)

http://halfheart.xyz/9peFPtb/provisional/

(Mother's first name)

(Mother's full name)
reengraving

Second, you can use the sizes of known items in order to approximate what you're eating.
rainfall borrows frosts
anaesthetise monotonically

ezmqys bestayed Irishness ‎** IMPORTANT - SUPPORTED DEVICES kemb
pTrollius felling VLC is easily one of our favorite media players (and yours too). However, it's not just a one-trick pony. Under the surface, there's a wide range of features that you might not have known it could do. blower cablemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back