South Korean Rescured 21 and Killed Eight Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
"At dawn Friday, South Korean commandos steered their boat to a hijacked freighter in the Arabian Sea. Under covering fire from a destroyer and a Lynx helicopter, they scrambled up a ladder onto the ship, where Somali pirates were armed with assault rifles and anti-tank missiles.

Five hours after the risky rescue began, it was over.

All 21 hostages were freed from the gunfire-scarred freighter. Eight pirates were killed and five were captured in what President Lee Myung-bak called a "perfect operation."

It was a remarkable ending to the daring and rare raid, handing South Korea a stunning success in the battle against pirates who have long tormented shipping in the waters off the Horn of Africa."

They should kill all 13 when they had the chance to wipe all of them from the face of the earth.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110121/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy

better to take them alive: they have in store for them a fate WORSE than death, and they eventually will curse their mother for having given birth to them.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
"[size:14pt]They should kill all 13 when they had the chance to wipe all of them from the face of the earth.

If they have information that may lead to the prevention of further events, then obtaining more than a few of the pirates is great luck, IMO.

They should kill all 13 when they had the chance to wipe all of them from the face of the earth.

AGREE, time for a permanent solution to a serious problem in that area. Maybe future "pirates" will take up more industrious occupations like farming or carpentry.....
A real stretch, huh ??

Originally Posted By: phillyFX4

AGREE, time for a permanent solution to a serious problem in that area. Maybe future "pirates" will take up more industrious occupations like farming or carpentry.....
A real stretch, huh ??

No I wouldn't do that.
I would tie them to a rope, toss them overboard, then troll them around the sea for weeks so they can see close all the pretty fish & coral boaters enjoy. High speed and they can see more. Gaff them up after a few weeks vacation is over.

I'm glad to see the hostages came out of this okay. I'd be really worried of them getting hurt with such an aggressive rescue mission.

way to go!!
you don't mess with RoK's.
i remember reading that in vietnam after the first year or so of action by RoK marines that the northern viets and cong pretty much had standing orders to avoid them.

Shannow is right. There's thought that the pirates would now change tactics and use hostages as human shields. It's gonna get ugly.

Excellent news, well done to the South Koreans!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back