source of oem nissan alloy rims

Status
Not open for further replies.
other than the dealer?
I have a 99 I30, costco said one rim was a little bent, but not enought to replace. Looking ahead, if I ever have to replace one can you still get a matching OEM rim somewhere online/ or can old ones be "fixed"

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
other than the dealer?
I have a 99 I30, costco said one rim was a little bent, but not enought to replace. Looking ahead, if I ever have to replace one can you still get a matching OEM rim somewhere online/ or can old ones be "fixed"

The price to have an alloy rim adjusted and refinished with a generic silver powder coat is $80 and up. There is a place in Pennsylvania that does a pretty good business if you can't find a reasonable local shop.

For a common wheel you can do much better with Craigslist or getting lucky at a local pull-it-yourself boneyard. You'll pay $80 or more through a used parts dealer / boneyard network.

Find a forum for the car you like and post a WTB. If someone came knocking on my door for my 13 lb saturn "sawtooth" waving $50 I'd completely and immediately switch a spare steelie over.
01.gif

Did the car come with a matched spare? On good cars like MB, the spare is full size and a matched wheel. That is a gold mine for good NOS that hasnt been used or damaged.

^ Why do ford trucks, with steelies, have a non-matching steel full size spare? It's like they want to shame you any way they can.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back