Soups: which ones do you folks love to make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like lobster bisque from Sam's and I add lots of walleye to it. I also like broccoli cheese with bacon. The more calories you can get in these soups the better they taste! Ha!

Originally Posted by RoadDukie
Stude
You had me with the mention of your grandma's Dutch Oven chili. Care to share?
I love cooking with a Dutch Oven.

Its lean ground beef, black beans, medium onion and some black pepper and some chicken along with whole canned tomatoes sliced up. And some homemade tomato sauce. Simmer 4 hours and delicious with homemade cornbread. I add garbanzo beans and dark red kidney beans too
wink.gif

Last edited:
Vegetable Pork.

Potatoes, onions, celery, green peas, corn, carrots, limas, black eyed peas, pintos, garlic, tomatoes, tomato juice and tomato soup.

And a pork tenderloin.

Actually, the tenderloin is in the crock pot as I type.

I am a fan of lentil soup with lots of spices. Not fancy, but so good.

I'm a chicken and chorizo Gumbo guy.

I sill have scarring on my right hand from whisking the
roux to a dark chocolate brown without burning. and making an "Oops!"

Gumbo is no good without a dark roux.

Very tricky

Roasted Butternut Squash
Lentils w/Garlic Sausage and Kale (although more of a stew)
Orecchietta w/Bacon and kale/swiss chard etc.

My granny made this when i was younger... have never heard of it since.. I still make it about 10 times a year.

Fried Cabbage Soup.

Fry cabbage until its lightly brown and sweet with some onions.. then cook some baby bellas, carrots, and broccoli.. then combine and add cream of broccoli, cream of celery, and cream of chicken.

No real seasonings needed except for black pepper.

Originally Posted by OILJUNKIE
I make all my soups with one ingredient , " A can opener"

You should try Bear Creek, it comes in a bag and is a step up from canned soup, although nothing wrong with Campbell's chunky. I just made some Vegetable beef using Bear Creek and added my left over chuck roast.

My all time favorite is Italian Ravioli Soup with spicy Italian sausage, cheese ravioli, Italian style green beans, diced tomatoes and green onions in a beef broth topped off with grated parmesan cheese.

Also have a recipe for chicken taco soup that's out of this world.
https://www.plainchicken.com/2015/09/chicken-taco-soup-two-ways.html

Originally Posted by andyd
https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/hot-and-sour-soup/ This wasn't the exact one I used but close enough.. All the ingredients were found in my local supermkt. I boosted up the hot with pickled jalapeno slices and a few tablespoon of their vinegar for the sour. The mushrooms were just medium sized buttons and I used mushroom stock instead of vegie or chicken stock. I'm trying to eat more vedgies and less meat.Tofu is like a sponge.it is more texture than taste it is so bland It disappears into a spaghetti sauce but gives it a texture.
grin2.gif

Thanks! I know what I'll try out this weekend!

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
My granny made this when i was younger... have never heard of it since.. I still make it about 10 times a year.

Fried Cabbage Soup.

Fry cabbage until its lightly brown and sweet with some onions.. then cook some baby bellas, carrots, and broccoli.. then combine and add cream of broccoli, cream of celery, and cream of chicken.

I'm going to try this. Thank You
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by krismoriah72

Fried Cabbage Soup.

I'm going to try this. Thank You
smile.gif

Don't forget to try some of the fired cabbage on it's own with salt and pepper, my grandma use to fry cabbage in bacon grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back