Sould Bush give Mexicans free citizenship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Bush working to make all illegal immigrants American Citizens. I wonder if this would help the Auto Industry (lot's of cheap "American" labor).

With the shortage in our military, we could give mexicans citizenship if they will serve our country in Iraq for 3-4 years. Mexico is a gold mine and we need to start helping them develop their country (oil, gold, etc).

i would say yes to only those that have been here for 4+ years,clean record,own their own business,people that would help the economy grow. ***

quote:

Originally posted by aztec12:
i would say yes to only those that have been here for 4+ years,clean record,own their own business,people that would help the economy grow. ***

if every one gets free citizenship,that would make them all legal and would not want to work for less than what american gets paid, so we would be back to square one. and yes i am mexican (been here since i was 11 yrs old im now 32 so those that mean that im now about 75% american?i been a citizen now for 10 yrs and proud of it,but that doesnt mean that im going to forgget where i came from.just my 2C. tks
cheers.gif

Free?

No, first they should have to donate to the GOP.... Isn't that how most other groups get the law changed in their favor?

I am kidding about this.

No..send them all back. If they come back I would fly them back and push them out of the plane without a parachute somewhere over Mexico. They don't belong here.
mad.gif

No. When the Army is out of Iraq put them to work guarding the border and put folks on welfare to work picking fruits and vegetables. Ever see "The Grapes Of Wrath"? Yes, I listen to Michael Savage.
lol.gif

P.S. I've got no problem with anyone coming here legally and through the proper channels.

How difficult is it to come here legally as a Mexican? Is it more difficult than people from Europe (aka white people). I wonder how difficult it is for a German to immigrate to the U.S.

I just think we could really benefit if we allow Mexicans free citizenship if we get some free oil from Mexico out of the deal. Also, they could fight in Iraq for 4-5 years to get citizenship.

Does anyone know how many illegal aliens are in the USA. For example, if you removed all the illegal aliens from the Las Vegas area, the city would shut down. I currently work for US Customs and Border Protection, prior to this I was a Detention and Deportation Officer under INS. Let me tell you, there are no easy answers to this.

**** No!

NO offense and I am not rascist... but Statistic shows.

In my home town of HOlland, Michigan where I grew up, It used to be a quiet, peaceful, Clean Dutch Town. well, back in 1997 until 1999, the Mexican Population(not including the illegal ones) grew 300%. Whats the result of that? More Crimes that have never or rarely been commited in our city, ARsons, Gang related violence, High school dropouts, rape, robbery and the list goes on. Get this..in the history of the High school in Holland Michigan..t here was never any metal detectors or guards.. now there is. Theres Trash on the streets, Beautiful Dutch stores are now replaced with junky Mexican stores. They play that Aweful music that sounds like circus music. They ruin the peace in our once peaceful neighborhood. But thats not it, even though I am Asian, Sometimes I am embarrassed of being Asian because they also disturb peace. I thank the Lord that our family moved in a wealthy Caucasian Nieghborhood

The mexican music like explained by this Comedian Pablo Francisco(who is also Mexican): http://www.pablofrancisco.com/video/mexican_music.wmv

quote:

Originally posted by Elroy the Unique:
Do you think Bush will get his plan to go through. Open the doors to Mexico?

Nope..It won't happen. Even Bush doesn't want it. He is just stroking the Latino Community. Most americans want the boarder shut down and the illegals out. Neither party will support legalizing Mexicans or they will be swept out of power.

My wife is a 911 dispatcher in a North NJ police department. They constantly arrest illegal aliens for crimes they commit. They call INS and are told to let them go, unless they commit murder
rolleyes.gif
. Unless we get serious control over ILLEGAL ALIENS in this country we are going to be in deep sh*t
mad.gif
! I firmly believe that immigration makes for a better America, but it MUST be legal and controlled.

Whimsey

I have a friend that is on his mission in Mexico right now and he said that the people there hate Arnold for not giving the illegals drivers licenses. He explains to them that when he came to their country, he abides by their laws and got all of the necessary paperwork done so he could legally be there. He then tells them that we'll gladly welcome them if they abide by our laws and go through the proper channels to legally be here. I tend to agree with him.

quote:

Originally posted by integrare:
I have a friend that is on his mission in Mexico right now and he said that the people there hate Arnold for not giving the illegals drivers licenses. He explains to them that when he came to their country, he abides by their laws and got all of the necessary paperwork done so he could legally be there. He then tells them that we'll gladly welcome them if they abide by our laws and go through the proper channels to legally be here. I tend to agree with him.

Easy for you to say.... Ask yourself the following question:

(1). Is it easier to enter this country (according to the laws) as a Mexican citizen or a Canadian Citizen?

(2). Which group of foreigners contributes to the U.S. more? Mexicans or Canadians

(3). Which country has more oil, Mexico or Canada?

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Nope..It won't happen. Even Bush doesn't want it. He is just stroking the Latino Community. Most americans want the boarder shut down and the illegals out. Neither party will support legalizing Mexicans or they will be swept out of power.

Reagan did it, so it can happen. I wouldn't bet against it if Bush makes it a priority.

With the situation in the Middle East, necessary Social Security reform, massive Federal budget and running deficits, I think the Mexico amnesty issue should be forgotten. Don't give the illegals drivers licenses, no Federal or State or local benefits, severely punish employers that knowingly hire the foreign criminals, and the problem solves itself. The illegals come here because it is better than where they left from. Reverse the situation, secure the borders (homeland security) and move on.

[ February 08, 2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: keith ]

quote:

Originally posted by jmlangeveld:

quote:

Originally posted by integrare:

Easy for you to say.... Ask yourself the following question:

(1). Is it easier to enter this country (according to the laws) as a Mexican citizen or a Canadian Citizen?

(2). Which group of foreigners contributes to the U.S. more? Mexicans or Canadians

(3). Which country has more oil, Mexico or Canada?

that's my point exactly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back