Sonax Net Shield Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I recently posted about the fabulous results I obtained layering Sonax Net Shield on top of FK1000P, I sent an email out to Sonax USA's customer service department in regards to their product, layering, and multi-coats.

Here is the response I got (Sonax's response is in RED)

Hello,

I'm an avid user and fan of your Net Shield product. It provides such great protection and shine to my cars.

I have a question: I recently applied Net Shield over some freshly applied "other" sealant after it was fully cured. A few people have told me that the Net Shield will either: A.) Slide right off because it can't adhere to the paint or B.) Net Shield would dissolved the "other" sealant, thus removing it from the paint's surface. A) It will not slide right off. It is a sealant that interlocks in a “net” effect over a surface. B) It will not dissolve what’s applied already. There are no chemicals in the formula that would dissolve what is there.

What do you think? Can Net Shield be stacked up on top of other products? Can other products (sealant or 100% waxes) be applied over Net Shield? These questions are a little trickier. As I mentioned before Net Shield will not dissolve what is already applied. However, if the product that is already there contains oils or silicones, there could be a difference in longevity. Typical waxes (carnauba based) are a natural derivative from a plant. They feel great and look great on the car. However, heat and chemicals effect them faster and quicker than synthetic sealants. So, if there is carnauba wax or silicone based sealants UNDER SONAX Polymer Net Shield, there could be an issue with longevity. Nothing will be harmed or dissolved, but the underneath chemicals could dissolve on their own and break down PNS.

Lastly, can Net Shield be applied using multiple coats to build up a thicker layer of protection? They can but we have not found any proof or evidence that suggests the protection is better or lasts longer. In my opinion, it’s better to re-apply Net Shield every 3-4 months rather than put multiple coats on and expect it to last 9 months to a year.

Sorry for all the questions, but I've been wanting to ask this for awhile since I doubt I'll be getting away from your product any time soon.

So......

This is what I was expecting. I never apply any Wax down first. I always use the longest lasting product first. If the base layer evaporates or breaks down early, it's taking whatever is layered on top of it with it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back