Something to think about

If you have anyone of these violations, you got problems at getting a job...

The 2 listings below are used for truck driving jobs..this is just for starters,,they do a good background check on you,,because trucking companies do a lot of federal stuff and you best be squeekie clean ...yes some folks slip through, but don't last long....
• No DUI or Drug convictions for 5 years
• No Felonies in the last 10 years

What does an experienced truck driver make nowadays? I’ve always been curious...I love to drive but I’m not sure I’d love to drive something that big.

By the way, love your signature. All true.

What does an experienced truck driver make nowadays? I’ve always been curious...I love to drive but I’m not sure I’d love to drive something that big.

By the way, love your signature. All true.2
Truck driving for a company is about 800 a week, been out there with my son years ago,,99 pct turn over,,most are gone within 12 months,,truckdriving companies charge about 6000 dollars for a company school, if you stay with them for 2 years and quit,,they may not charge you, but if you quit early, you will be sued for the money,,now that was years ago,,I do not know the rules now..its a weird lifestyle, go to college or a trade school and stay home,,you miss out on life staying in that truck,,,imho

Truck driving for a company is about 800 a week, been out there with my son years ago,,99 pct turn over,,most are gone within 12 months,,truckdriving companies charge about 6000 dollars for a company school, if you stay with them for 2 years and quit,,they may not charge you, but if you quit early, you will be sued for the money,,now that was years ago,,I do not know the rules now..its a weird lifestyle, go to college or a trade school and stay home,,you miss out on life staying in that truck,,,imho
Yeah, I never really thought about that last sentence you wrote...you miss out on life staying in that truck.

I was thinking more along the lines for when I retire...or something to do that would make me retire early. I’m not sure what I want to do when I retire (if anything) but I want to kind of not have a lot of responsibility on me. I imagine being a truck driver there is a lot of responsibility...deadlines, safety, etc. So that might not fit the bill anyway.

Yeah, I never really thought about that last sentence you wrote...you miss out on life staying in that truck.

I was thinking more along the lines for when I retire...or something to do that would make me retire early. I’m not sure what I want to do when I retire (if anything) but I want to kind of not have a lot of responsibility on me. I imagine being a truck driver there is a lot of responsibility...deadlines, safety, etc. So that might not fit the bill anyway.
Trucking

You are responsibility for anything that fails from bulbs to brakes even if you are a company driver,,the DOT can fine you at weigh stations if you are ovver loaded or your brakes are not in order,,,u gotta call the company on all the stuff that goes wrong so they can fix it soon...u will not enjoy tickets,,they go against your record,,,just saying, not counting one wreck can end your CDL career..its not for the faint hearted, my son lasted 10 years, one accident and he was out....it happens..

Not sure what there is to think about here? Pretty sure both of these violations (DUI and felony) has long been problematic towards obtaining a job.

Are you aiming this statement towards the younger crowd who may be unaware of this tidbit?

There is a need for couriers to move high value refrigerated cargo from point A to point B. For pharmaceuticals we often use FedEx Custom Critical. They have their own truckd but often hire subcontractors. These folks own their own trucks, are often retired, and it's a gig job like Uber. They work when they want. One driver I talked to was 72 and said he drove NJ to Boston once or twice a month. Uses Mobil 1 and had 450k miles on his truck when he sold it to another retired guy that wanted to get in the business and bought a new truck for himself. Seemed like a nice part time retirement gig.

Back