Some help with odd brake problem...

Hyundai
Wondering if someone has an idea for this.
Front calipers were old. This spring, I noticed that on the first few warm days my front driver's side caliper would stick shut and retract slowly over 5-10 seconds. When it got cold (40s-50s) again the problem went away. I finally got around to replacing the calipers.
This did not work. Even with the new set of calipers the problem only shows up with it's above 70 degrees or so and the warmer it gets, the longer it takes for that one to get back open. While it's nice having new parts, I'm confused as to what's going on and why.
Thoughts?

Sometimes the master cylinder won't take fluid back. This can be if the pedal pushrod is too long, or if stuff just goes out of whack. There's a little port that allows fluid back through the MC into the reservoir which is supposed to be blocked as soon as the pedal moves 1/4". Does your pedal ever feel really wooden?

Thank you! The issue is certainly isolated to that brake, so that makes sense. I will give it a go. It looks like something I can easily do.

My vote also for brake hose replacement - also check that the caliper was not rotated when reinstalled causing a kink in the hose - seen that happen too.

Blush - I did that once. Quite embarrassed, but at least I discovered it myself.
While not the OP's problem, the other big one is mounting mirrored calipers on the wrong side (upside down) and then wondering why you can never get a good bleed ;) I've never done it but come close!

I made an attempt. I need to stay in my lane and away from YouTube. Gave up after three hours (I'm not going to catalog everything that went wrong). Car is at my preferred shop now.

Back