Sold the Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
One final picture... Dad said "once that car passes, stand in the road and get a picture of it with the lilacs behind it". Think I'll maybe hang in a garage some day.

Owned it from 22k miles as a 2-3 year old used car to it's present 150k mile 10 year old. It will live on about 30 miles away from my parents.

Guy and his young son came to buy it, kept commenting on how well taken care of the car looked and how the service history backed it up.

Dad followed me in his Silverado that night and I drove it to the folk's house for them. The end of an era... but looking forward to a new pickup.

Also worth noting, last summer, I did a bunch of work to it. One being new axles and intermediate shaft bearing. I thought there was still a little vibration after all of that work. Driving it this year after being stored for the winter and I have come to realize it was either the roads I was on or my imagination -- this thing felt great on the Thruway/Expressway.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Yeah the front were new and only driven on for a few weeks. I put Monroe Quick-Struts in just because they were available and easy. But they kind rode like a hay wagon.

Originally Posted by redhat
One final picture... Dad said "once that car passes, stand in the road and get a picture of it with the lilacs behind it". Think I'll maybe hang in a garage some day.
Here's mine. Failed to properly torque and locktite the CV bolts and they came loose making a left in the middle of an intersection around the corner from my house. My first car and my current desktop background.

The front wheel gap on that car is hilarious. Honda Accord prerunner!

golf.jpg

I had an analogously storied car -a 2002- for 9 years and sold it with 198,600 to the first person who test drove it.
After such time you know the car.

Now when anything needs fixing with its replacement -a 2007 same car- I SHREEK "Why did I sell the '02???"

The odd kicker will come 9 to 12 months from now when you see your beloved Honda in trashed condition around town.

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
OP, good on you for taking a picture of it! I always have a sense of sadness when I sell one of my machines. It sounds like you share those feelings.

Scott

I do share those same feelings. Especially this one. The longest I have ever owned one vehicle. It has been through a lot -- three different jobs, three different homes, wedding, longest trip to date camping. But that is the best part of it. I can always remember those good memories and have plenty of pictures to look back on.

What really got me was going from a full-sized, sitting up higher, power/torque of a V6 with the Taurus to a 4cyl row your own gears mid-sized econobox. Not a bad car but you really get used to the luxuries.

Originally Posted by Kira

The odd kicker will come 9 to 12 months from now when you see your beloved Honda in trashed condition around town.

I am waiting to see the car pop up on one of the dozen 716/WNY Facebook car pages and to see the car rolling around the area being raced. I would put good money on I'll see it again. Oh well, I can always be that guy and say what did you do to my car.

Originally Posted by madRiver
How much does a 10 year old 150k Accord fetch in nice shape?

Sold it for $4,300. KBB was higher, but I didn't feel like waiting months and no bites like last year.

Originally Posted by redhat
Sold it for $4,300. KBB was higher, but I didn't feel like waiting months and no bites like last year.

The buyers received a great deal! I remember the undercarriage looking immaculate from all the oil spray rustproofing it received over the years(on the for sale thread). Good for you letting it go to someone who can use it and appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back