So who all is listening to Air America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to check it out, you had better hurry. This network will be dead in a few months. They are not competition to Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Savage etc. In reality, they are competing with NPR.

Don't have time to listen to day talk radio, but I do listen Bob Brinker's money talk and Clark Howard consumer stuff on the weekend when I'm dinking around.

I saw an NBC piece last night on the the Nightly Abuse, "Air America" is bankrolled by 2 Democrats that say the "money will not run out". To their credit they aren't trying to hide the political persuation of the programming.

60 minutes did a story on this and they mentioned a liberal competitor to Rush in Palm Springs. It was a women DJ ?? and she was drawing good numbers but Clear Channel, the owner, also Rush's owner, would not give her a chance to go national, mmmmmm, wonder why? Freedom of the press? Anyway, I hope this one does well. Then liberals can claim they have the absolute truth same as conservatives. Is this available nationally? Is it only on web streaming? Can someone give me the dial #. Don't try to fool me with Rush's dial #, I'll figure it out pretty quickly.
smile.gif

I don't have a problem with liberals on the radio. I say give them every chance, and if that's the case in Palm Springs I hope that she finds someone who thinks she would be profitable nationaly(I cannot stand ClearChannel BTW)
My only issue is this. If the AirAmerica are desireable to the American public why must they be bankrolled? This has nothing to do with the people who own the stations. It has everythign to do with popularity. Oh, but I forgot, liberals don't like capitalism. (I appoligize for the shameless comment, but it had to come out.)

From the CEO, per Yahoo's article today:

Walsh said the goal was to provide a liberal voice that has been missing on the airwaves and to present it in such as way as "to make you laugh. You will giggle when you listen although we will be tackling serious subjects."

He said the aim of the network was not simply to derail the reelection bid of President Bush (news - web sites).

"We're not regime change radio," Walsh said. "We do want to make a buck. We expect to go profitable in year three."

On a personal note, I notice the liberals are bashed both when they participate in the capitalistic system (as if they had any option), and also when they say the system has flaws. Some people just like to bash.....

Originally posted by carrera79:
[QB]
My only issue is this. If the AirAmerica are desireable to the American public why must they be bankrolled? This has nothing to do with the people who own the stations.

It has everything to do with those that own the stations. They control content. Do you think Rush went national on his own bankroll? The press is free only when you own the press.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Don't have time to listen to day talk radio, but I do listen Bob Brinker's money talk and

So then you know what this means?

Critical Mass:

A state of freedom from worry and anxiety about money due to the accumulation of assets which make it possible to live your life as you choose without working if you prefer not to work or just working because you enjoy your work but don't need the income. Plainly stated, the Land of Critical Mass is a place in which individuals enjoy their own personal financial nirvana. Differentiation between earned income and assets is a fundamental lesson to learn when thinking in terms of critical mass. Earned income does not produce critical mass......critical mass is strictly a function of assets.

quote:

Originally posted by needtoknow:
It has everything to do with those that own the stations. They control content. Do you think Rush went national on his own bankroll? The press is free only when you own the press.

Rush is on because he attracks listeners, and that attracts revenue. END OF STORY. The listeners might disagree with Rush, but they still listen.

The O'Frankenstein Factor will prosper or fade away based on how many prospective listeners like his show, not because of who owns the radio station.

Keith.

[ April 01, 2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: keith ]

quote:

Originally posted by keith:
Rush is on because he attracks listeners, and that attracts revenue. END OF STORY. The listeners might disagree with Rush, but they still listen.

The O'Frankenstein Factor will prosper or fade away based on how many prospective listeners like his show, not because of who owns the radio station.

Keith.

Well, I occasionally listen to Rush - I violently disagree w/ him on most matters, and I make it a point NOT to patronize any business that I hear advertising during his show...

Did they ever let Ann Coulter out of the Franken show's Green Room? She was trapped in there yesterday, yelling and foaming-at-the-mouth -- I never learned if it was intentional or a defective door latch. Is she still stuck ranting inside the room..?
smile.gif

You all must be aware of Air America - the left's response to right-wing talk radio? I'm streaming it and was pleasantly surprised to find they'd gotten Chuck D as one of their co-hosts for Unfiltered - their AM show.

I'm eagerly awaiting the O'Franken Factor - (starts at noon) - if anyone else wants to stream, go here -> Stream Air America here!

When Al sticks to comedy, he is very good. Sadly, he seems to have a crush on Bill O'Reilly. Why else would you call your show "The O'Franken Factor, a Zero Spin Zone".

I might listen today to see if the show is going to be funny or not.

Keith.

I'm not sure why'd I'd want to listen. I can turn on CNN/ABC/NBC/CBS/NPR or watch John Stewart and get the left spin on things.

Given Frankens satement that the only purpose of this is to get Bush out of office, it should be listed as part of the presidential campaign and treated as such, not as talk radio...

I bet I listen to 12 hours of NPR a week. I don't need to seek out more liberal radio. {I need to get XM for my commute)

If I'm lucky (due to work) I may catch an hour of "evil right wing" radio during the week. Whatever your perspective you will hear about stories that will be ignored by the mainstream.

I like Limbaugh, Tony Snow and Michael Medved. Can't stand O'Reilly or Savage.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back