So was given an Amazon Echo Dot for Early Xmas ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
So after one day of having it, apparent it's mainly a pimp for Amazon Prime. You want to do that? That's only available for Prime members, shall I sign you up? You see, I have one of the Amazon VISA's that's tied to my acct for "one click" ordering. I gotta be careful when talking to the thing. Sneeze at the wrong moment and it'll sign me up and charge me for Prime.

That's Amazon's MO. The prices are not great and without Prime the shipping is slow. I'm not a fan and only use them as a retailer of LAST RESORT

We've got the Google Home Minis and love them - they are much better than Alexa - Google has the batter assistant, the better natural language processor, and you can see exactly what is recorded on the Web. It only starts when you say the keywords.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Um... about #4. I can has Free Services in 'vegas?
whistle.gif

Free is relative ... everything has a price ...
smile.gif
We choose what gives us the most pleasure and justify the cost.

Last edited:
My dot get used a lot for alarms/timers, weather and music (Pandora). If the eavesdroppers are interested in what gets said in this house, they're going to be sorely disappointed. Ours is a very quiet house. And it won't be used to purchase anything.

Great to play Christmas tunes in the background as well. Purchase option is off on mine. I like to research before buying anything and everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back