So I picked this up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shop specializing in a particular brand might use non-chemical means to get carbon off the valves - media blasting using walnut shells followed by vacuum seems to be popular with the very best VW/Audi and BMW shops. But the dealerships and most shops will use a BG/MOC product, and there's stuff 3M/Penray and the chemical suppliers sell to the aftermarket.

I don't think that orifice in that tube cares what brand or chemical is going through it. The Berryman's product is based on hot solvents, while Gumout's Multi-Use Treatment is similar to SeaFoam but with a dose of PEA in it. It will be slower but PEA does have a little residual effect.

Originally Posted by nthach

I don't think that orifice in that tube cares what brand or chemical is going through it. The Berryman's product is based on hot solvents, while Gumout's Multi-Use Treatment is similar to SeaFoam but with a dose of PEA in it. It will be slower but PEA does have a little residual effect.

That's kinda my thought..I like the idea of hitting those valves with the strong, undiluted solvents Berryman's has. In any event, it was only $13 so it's not like it broke the bank to purchase and even if I get a small or.moderate cleaning effect on the valves/intake, I'll be happy. I actually can't wait to do it this coming weekend, now to figure out just what vacuum opening I want to use. Probably the PCV...if my memory serves me, I can get to that one without having to remove anything.

Last edited:
So I was able to use the cleaner today and I gotta say it was a slick little setup. Took about 8~10mins to run the can of cleaner empty, just like the instructions said it would. Ran it where the brake booster line connects, right into the plenum. Created a lot of white smoke but never stalled or acted like it wanted to stall, so I'd say that the built in metering was spot on. In the picture you can see the cleaner being aerated as it passes the "T" connector which allows some air in. Nice thing is the whole contraption is reusable..ðŸ‘

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back