Snapper Rider deck wobbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my older Snapper rider (handlebars) mower, when I engage the blade the deck shakes. I tightened the blade and it still does it. Not sure why it started. Any ideas?

Maybe the spindle the blade is mounted on is bent? I'd hang the blade on a nail in the wall first, make sure it's mostly in balance.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Maybe the spindle the blade is mounted on is bent? I'd hang the blade on a nail in the wall first, make sure it's mostly in balance.

This +1

I have seen a spindle bend on these mowers when the blade strikes a stump or rock. They are generally very reliable machines and not much goes wrong on them. I'd also check the mounts for the deck to the frame to make sure none of them are loose.

Seems like the Blade is fine and balanced for the most part. I suppose next I would check the spindle?

If the belt has a bad spot in it, the deck will vibrate like crazy. This is a common problem.

Does it continue to shake? If not it's completely normal. If it continues make sure to grease right under the pulley. Your bearing might be shot. A bent blade would be more of a vibration. We've had over 10 rear engine Snappers in the family.. fine machines!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back