Snap-On vs. Matco Torque Wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the market for a 3/8" and 1/2" drive click-type torque wrench. I found one of each on Ebay that I'm interested in:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=330275789840
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=230297448811

The 3/8" one is a Matco, while the 1/2" one is a Snap-On. Are Matco and Snap-On branded torque wrenches of similar quality? If you had a choice, which brand is better, and why?

What's a reasonable price for the torque wrenches that I listed? Although they're used, they've been recalibrated, so I guess that adds to their value as well? Also, since they're used, if I ever need them rebuilt, how much would that cost me? Or am I better off buying a new Craftsman?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Also, since they're used, if I ever need them rebuilt, how much would that cost me? Or am I better off buying a new Craftsman?

It's been a while since I have bought any Snap-On or Matco tools, but if I'm not mistaken, as long as you can find one of their trucks, they will replace the tools at no cost. Again, that is how it was some time ago. The rules may have changed. Craftsman tools are more convenient because you can drive to the nearest mall to get them replaced.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
TQ wrenches do not fall under the free replacement deal.

Only hand use tools, IE, sockets, wrenches, ratchets, breakover bars, etc. have lifetime warranty. Nothing with air or electric motors, diagnostics,tq. wrenches, etc. normally have 90day or more limited warranty.

Bob

Ingersol rand impacts are the ones to get .I have a comparable one of each and I rebuilt the Snap on and the I.R never needed anything .I used then for a living and with a turned up 175 psi compressor. The anvil on the snapon broke 3 times .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back