smoke from oil filler cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed the oil filler cap off the motor to add a quart of oil. When I removed this cap a blue/gray smoke come from the engine through the filler hole. any ideas what could cause this?

See, try to as a question from the most knowledgeable people in reference to your engine and motor oil. This is what I get.. Maybe I should go back to the trolling post.

Originally Posted By: bigmanoncampus
See, try to as a question from the most knowledgeable people in reference to your engine and motor oil. This is what I get.. Maybe I should go back to the trolling post.

try to as a question?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Heat, oil boil off, blow by....some cars have a tendency to do this.

Every car I have ever owned tend to have some amount of smoke for the above reasons. Some have a bit of smoke if you pull the dipstick while the engine is hot.

Well well well once again TaterandNoodles comes to the rescue. Thank you very much. If you were a woman I think id marry you TaterandNoodles!!

More info would always be nice like kind of vehicle, engine, did you just shut it off when you did this.

I would say some blowby smoke.

Is this that guy that was saying he was on the board of director's at Yale and who personally had to approve every Ph.D. because he has so many but couldn't be bothered to spell because that is beneath him? Funny how such a smart person would make a post with 10 or so straight censored words. That does take intelligence.

Well well well once again TaterandNoodles comes to the rescue.

Yeah but he plagarized!!!

I have been exposed. Pablo you are free to marry bigman if you wish.
thankyou2.gif

Oh no I would only marry a female... I'm not a smart man, but i know what love is!

Sadly, I do not. Can you enlighten me a little?

Originally Posted By: TaterandNoodles
Well well well once again TaterandNoodles comes to the rescue.

Yeah but he plagarized!!!

I have been exposed. Pablo you are free to marry bigman if you wish.
thankyou2.gif

I almost asked "what do I win?".

This thread is degrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back