Smog Tests

Even after driving the car up and down the freeway all week, all the monitors check out except the HTR monitor which always has a red X next to it on the I/M Readiness checklist. What if it's never ready? They'll have to go ahead and fail the test correct? I'm supposed to have this done by 02/08/2023.
2005 LeSabre

Follow these criterias and drive without the AC on.

Attachments

• 20230205_112815.jpg
    20230205_112815.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 10
I ordered a new GM Genuine downstream oxygen sensor. It should be here tomorrow. There's a sheetmetal cover over it that I have to remove some pop rivets for. After I get that cover off, I can change the oxygen sensor. It's right next to the catalytic converter.

I never disconnect the negative battery terminal unless it's absolutely necessary, which it almost never is. It's a stupid request. If I feel it's necessary, I will pull fuse(s). I own a factory service manual on my car and know which fuses to pull if need be. I think people are sometimes too lazy to do their homework to look up the appropriate fuses.

If it matters, and in this case it does a little. I'm even less likely to remove the negative battery cable on my side post battery because side posts are prone to breakage.

In the meantime, order this:

and be prepared for whatever might pop up in the future. Won't debug all possible issues but will help you be prepared for at least the first level of diagnosis in the future.
Why are some of the Bluetooth adaptors over $100.00 and this is only $8.00?
Do the + $100.00 actually do more?

Back