Smart Locks--Which Is Best?

I'm looking at smart dead bolts for my new home. I have no clue where to start and there are MANY options.

What locks does the hive like best and recommend?

I like having an app to control and monitor the locks. I'd be putting in one for the front door, back door, and inside garage door.

Thanks!

We have the UTec U Bolt Pro, think it's been couple years now. My only complaint is the bridge is hard to setup but they've got other options now. Besides that love it.. I use the fingerprint and the boys use the number pad. No keys to mess with all the time. I could have it unlock when we approach but I don't the security side of my brain says that's not a good thing. Eventually we'll get one for the back door also.

I'm looking at smart dead bolts for my new home. I have no clue where to start and there are MANY options.

What locks does the hive like best and recommend?

I like having an app to control and monitor the locks. I'd be putting in one for the front door, back door, and inside garage door.

Thanks!
Smart as in easily re-keyed or with a digital pad for easy entrance without a key?

Smart as in easily re-keyed or with a digital pad for easy entrance without a key?
Or to let you know when the lock is locked or unlocked through a phone app. I don’t have such locks but can see how they can be useful. My garage door openers let me know when if the door is up or door and the history when it was closed or opened. I can also remotely open or close a garage door through the Aladdin Connect app on my phone.

Ah ok. The most secure options that seem to come up are the Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro Wi-Fi Smart Lock or the August Wi-Fi Smart Lock. Cheap smart locks can easily be hacked

Your choice will depend on if you are wanting Z-wave or WiFi. I have a Schlage Encode which connects directly to the Wifi network. It has its own app and also integrates with Ring if you use any of those products.

Back