Small Engine Oil Drain Spout Hose

Hello dvetyone. I just completed the 10 hour break in oil change on the new riding mower. It is a messy job. The drain plug is a male square head and when you remove it, oil runs down the frame, on the deck, etc. Do they make a hose that screws into the stock threads of the drain plug that has a cap on the other end? Idea being a much less messy oil change. Thanks for the help. The included gutter type device did not work at all. Craftsman T140 with B&S 18.5hp engine.

I am not aware of any hose attachment to drain the oil. However; my B&S 20hp twin has a ~ 3 inch 1/4 inch pipe extension with a cap on the end. You might research this as a possible option.

I am not aware of any hose attachment to drain the oil. However; my B&S 20hp twin has a ~ 3 inch 1/4 inch pipe extension with a cap on the end. You might research this as a possible option.
That solution would work as well. Our old John Deere model had a flex hose that you clamped vertically with a cap on the end. Remove cap, lower hose, mess free oil drain.

Like this? A lot of mowers come with hoses like this. You can leave it installed no problem.

Just make sure your mower has the right size/style of thread for the hose. That one is 3/8 NPT. There's a bunch of them on amazon.

This is the hose that I'm using on my 22 horsepower Kawasaki with metric threads product name is drainzitt and can be found on Amazon excetera.
I think I paid $19 maybe up to $25 works perfectly just remember you may have metric thread or national pipe thread example Kawasaki is metric Briggs & Stratton is national pipe usually hope the picture helps

Convert
TOMB

Attachments

• 20210707_111231.jpg
    20210707_111231.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 20210707_111221.jpg
    20210707_111221.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 117
I use a piece of aluminum foil tucked under the drain tube. Fold the edges to stop
side flow.
I also do the filter first due to past experiences.

My 2¢

I changed the plastic drain valve on my B&S to a SS pipe nipple and 90 with a plug that extends beyond the frame and plastic cover. Just had to drill a hole in the plastic cover to allow the pipe nipple to pass thru. I'm betting if you wanted to spend more, you could find a fumoto valve with the correct threads that has a hose connection.

This is an example stolen from the google.

drain.jpg

This is the hose that I'm using on my 22 horsepower Kawasaki with metric threads product name is drainzitt and can be found on Amazon excetera.
I think I paid $19 maybe up to $25 works perfectly just remember you may have metric thread or national pipe thread example Kawasaki is metric Briggs & Stratton is national pipe usually hope the picture helps

Convert
TOMB
Thank you for the pictures.

My Kawasaki Zero Turn engine had a plastic drain plug that got buggered up so I replaced it with the hose attachment in the Amazon link. Leave it attached with the provided hanger and it is easy to use when needed. No spill, no mess.

I changed the plastic drain valve on my B&S to a SS pipe nipple and 90 with a plug that extends beyond the frame and plastic cover. Just had to drill a hole in the plastic cover to allow the pipe nipple to pass thru. I'm betting if you wanted to spend more, you could find a fumoto valve with the correct threads that has a hose connection.

This is an example stolen from the google.

View attachment 62702
I did this with my Comrade Cadet and it works great. No more mess at all.

I put a Fumoto oil drain valve and a short piece of rubber hose on my generator. Easy oil changes and it keeps the oil from spilling all over the frame.

Convert
TOMB
I also run drainzit on two of my OPE units

Check Amazon for lots of options. B&S part shown below, but Stens also sells just the yellow plug.

Screenshot_20210712-062107_Opera.jpg

Or use something like this (I had a DIY version years ago, with just a hose and plug attached to the nipple).

Last edited:
Back