Slightly Used F150 Vehicle Acquisition

CKN

So- I have been shopping the market and if you are patient you can make a satisfactory purchase. I have made no secrets about how I think the 6 speed transmission in my 2018 Silverado was utter garbage. I have tried changing the fluid, installing the cooler thermostat and the transmission is clunky and not smooth-very unrefined. I received a VERY GENEROUS trade in in offer-despite of the fact that every body panel had at least one or several paint chips. The hood was especially bad. It had 53,000 miles on it. I purchased a 2020 Ford F-150 Lariat w/ the 3.5 Ecoboost, Sport appearance package, MAX trailer tow package, and FX4 off road package. In addition to what is standard in this level such as leather, dual climate, push button start, and all the safety suite,etc. Used millage is 26,600. Still has balance of factory bumper to bumper and the power train goes out until 60,000.

SPECIAL THANKS TO bdcardinal for some insights. The Silverado can been seen in the background.
PXL_20220927_191827100.MP.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice looking truck. I actually like the grills on those and the XLT sport models. Not as in your face as the chrome. My uncle has a 2020 F-150 XLT sport 3.5 and he loves it. He is retired though and I believe it has very low mileage, under 15k miles or something.

Reactions: CKN
Very nice truck. Enjoy! My 2021 puts a smile on my face every day, even commuting in heavy traffic.

Good looking truck, good for you!

I really liked my 2019 F150 with the 2.7. Was a much more reliable truck than my 2021.

Enjoy, and good riddance to that 8-speed. The new 10-speeds in the Silverados seem alright similarly to the Fords.

So- I have been shopping the market and if you are patient you can make a satisfactory purchase. I have made no secrets about how I think the 6 speed transmission in my 2018 Silverado was utter garbage. I have tried changing the fluid, installing the cooler thermostat and the transmission is clunky and not smooth-very unrefined. I received a VERY GENEROUS trade in in offer-despite of the fact that every body panel had at least one or several paint chips. The hood was especially bad. It had 53,000 miles on it. I purchased a 2020 Ford F-150 Lariat w/ the 3.5 Ecoboost, Sport appearance package, MAX trailer tow package, and FX4 off road package. In addition to what is standard in this level such as leather, dual climate, push button start, and all the safety suite,etc. Used millage is 26,600. Still has balance of factory bumper to bumper and the power train goes out until 60,000.

SPECIAL THANKS TO bdcardinal for some insights. The Silverado can been seen in the background.
View attachment 118846

Enjoy it. Have you figured out what oil, filter, and OCI you'll use?

Example of THAT guy you don'r share your good news with.

Ford will 100% cover the repairs up to 70,000 miles-then it's pro rated. I have never kept a truck that long-but it's good to have them acknowledge the issue-it's not something Ford has been too terribly good at in the past. The 3.5's have a fairly solid reputation-they need to be concerned not to tarnish that.

Enjoy it. Have you figured out what oil, filter, and OCI you'll use?
Have two free oil changes at the place where it was bought. Then probably Mobil 0/w 30. It gets a little cold here.

Example of THAT guy you don'r share your good news with.
oh look it the guy that thinks he's being helpful. then the op has the nerve to like your post, when you contributed nothing to the conversation. i wasn't trying to rain on your parade, i was just giving you imo solid advice on what to expect. the phasers will start to rattle and when they do, you should know to look for updated parts to actually fix your vehicle.

Looks great! I have a lot of co-workers and friends with late model F150s, V8 and EB. I never hear them complain about them. I wonder how she'll do fuel economy wise compared to your Silverado.

Looks great! I have a lot of co-workers and friends with late model F150s, V8 and EB. I never hear them complain about them. I wonder how she'll do fuel economy wise compared to your Silverado.

The Silverado would do at least 25mpg on the highway all day long driven reasonably. I really don't expect the Ecoboost to meet that.

Back