Slight coolant leak ,concern?

Doing my oil change.have car jacked up few inches only.
Fans are working noticed under radiator on floor some coolant. No dripping. It's coming from under radiator cap.i replaced it 8-12 months ago Amazon purchased a Delco cap. It's a 98 Buick LeSabre.
Ran car 10-12 minutes. No further dropping leaking. Could it be because it's elevated a little? I'm gunna replace the cap new Delco Tomorrow w nor late tonight after it's cooled down.i have extra one
The overfill coolant is a tad over the full hot mark...I did that months ago. Could the cap leak be from that?

IMG_20240602_154622.jpg

IMG_20240602_154647.jpg

If you look close you can see small drop of coolant in-between the cap and overfill connect hose...

Test the cap. Seriously, you gotta test it if you suspect it.

I had an '01 Ranger in my shop for several days. I noticed EVERY DAY as the ambient temp climbed it would drip from the installed cap. Not surprising given physics and all. Tested the cap and it blew off immediately.

Installed a new cap. Then the system could build pressure as intended, so the plastic t-stat housing failed. Fixed that and the radiator side tank cracked.

A fun game of weakest link meets domino effect ;)

Nah, don't put them in the reservoir, that'll just gunk it up.

Drain a quart of coolant from the radiator. Save it in two gatorade (etc) bottles. Put the tabs in the first bottle. Shake it up. Pour that in the radiator. Run the motor. Rinse out your muddy first bottle with the second and top off the car. This gets the gunk INTO the actual system where it can circulate.

Toss a couple of these in the coolant reservoir. GM product made from walnut shells. Cadilacs get them on the assembly line. They work, I've put them in a few of my cars. Cheap too.

View attachment 222780

Well it stopped leaking drove the car ,inspected after oil change still few inches in air.no leaking . Drive car 20 miles max stop go traffic, looked under car twice, stopping parked.norhing leaked . It was just that moment where I was changing oil.
Think I'll replace cap anyways.
I seen that Delco stuff...will it gum up the heater core?

Back