Slayer..To Scary For Nascar

Status
Not open for further replies.
A collaboration was recently announced between Slayer and Rick Ware Racing, in which NASCAR driver JJ Yeley would be sporting Slayer's iconic logo on his car at the annual Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race.

Now, it seems the legendary thrashers are too scary for the team's liking, as they have been pulled as the primary sponsor "due to reactionary concerns," according to a press release. All Slayer visuals have been removed from the car, and PODS Moving & Storage will now take the band's place as sponsor.

Both the band and Yeley were originally excited about the pairing, but it seems as if NASCAR's long-time sponsors aren't fans of metal. They didn't seem to have a problem with Megadeth, though.

Can't blame'm

https://loudwire.com/slayer-nascar-jj-yeley-car/

It was a really good looking car too. I personally think they need to lighten up some of the sponsor rules. I think if whatever it is is legal in the state they are racing, then it should be able to be on the car.

It seems odd that NASCAR would be turning any new sponsor away.
Maybe they're OK with declining race attendance and TV ratings.

I don't think a Slayer Sponsorship will help anyone's ratings. I went to their website and got the eebee geebee's. I wish I had never seen it.

Wait, I need to correct my first sentence. If you happen to be a worshiper of [censored], I imagine it would appeal to you.

FWIW I listen to Slayer and have met Kerry King a few times, he is a super nice guy.

Also if anyone is squeamish with seeing a car with "Slayer" on the side, don't listen to any of the scanners. Some drivers use language that would make sailors blush, Danica was a big offender.

Originally Posted by Gebo
I don't think a Slayer Sponsorship will help anyone's ratings. I went to their website and got the eebee geebee's. I wish I had never seen it.

Wait, I need to correct my first sentence. If you happen to be a worshiper of [censored], I imagine it would appeal to you.

Such hogwash. Typical relating Slayer to [censored]. I'm guessing you don't know the singer, Tom Areya, is Catholic and attends church regularly.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Originally Posted by Gebo

Such hogwash. Typical relating Slayer to [censored]. I'm guessing you don't know the singer, Tom Areya, is Catholic and attends church regularly.

They've said time and again it's just an image, chosen to scare overly sensitive people. Particularly "Hollywood people" and other phonies.

With that said, one of my favorites:

Well, I guess I'm just overly sensitive as they sure scare the [censored] out of me.

LOL

Amazing, worried about SLAYER, but go ahead and drink some Monster Energy Garbage, that's real healthy, I would not make my worst enemy drink a can of that stuff .
TOTO.

Originally Posted by Toto
Amazing, worried about SLAYER, but go ahead and drink some Monster Energy Garbage, that's real healthy, I would not make my worst enemy drink a can of that stuff .
TOTO.

No doubt! I was dumb enough to try a can a few years ago and felt like garbage for a few hours after. I am glad they are a sponsor to racing but that stuff isn't for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back