Skyline Blvd, my back yard, or why we have a lotta cars in CA.

Skyline Boulevard is a great driving road especially through the woodsy areas near Big Basin and through the Santa Cruz Mountains. There are so many places to see along the way. HWY 1 and the shoreline are accessible a couple of times along the way. Blink and you'll miss those roads. There are nice little towns nearby, such as Boulder Creek, Ben Lomond, and Felton, and of course Santa Cruz
Exactly. Well said.

You can also go south to Monterrey and the Big Sur, or north of Marin to the rugged rocky coast.
Sur:
2-Blog-Header.jpg

Goat Rock Beach - Jenner by the Sea.
large.jpg

My first thought was Skyline Blvd. in Oakland. It's a pretty spectacular drive, although I know a lot of people will think "Oakland?"
I’ve ridden a bike up Tunnel and Skyline in Oakland many times. That’s not the difficult part - Pinehurst via Redwood from Moraga or Castro Valley via the zoo can be an ass kicker on the wrong day.

I’ve ridden a bike up Tunnel and Skyline in Oakland many times. That’s not the difficult part - Pinehurst via Redwood from Moraga or Castro Valley via the zoo can be an ass kicker on the wrong day.

I used to ride that occasionally, but almost always counterclockwise. Sometimes that was the way my weekly riding buddies from HS would choose, but sometimes it would be on the Cal Cycling daily ride. The most interesting part was going through Canyon and seeing its tiny post office.

_liaqkaqf.png

My way back was usually via Moraga Way/Camino Pablo and then up Wildcat Canyon Road. We’d then split at Summit Reservoir, which is now a construction site since they’re rebuilding it.

Back