Singin' the blues - Michelin AT/2's

Status
Not open for further replies.
After trying out a myriad of AT tires, I have settled on the KO2 and run them on all of my 4x4's. No other AT tire has come close to the all around performance of the KO2 IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'm a big fan of the BFG All Terrains, smooth, quiet, tough, and great off-road performance. The new KO2s should be even better.

BFG's parent company is Michelin... and the pricing on the KO's is every bit as bad, if not worse, as Michelin.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm a big fan of the BFG All Terrains, smooth, quiet, tough, and great off-road performance. The new KO2s should be even better.
BFG's parent company is Michelin... and the pricing on the KO's is every bit as bad, if not worse, as Michelin.
I think it is worse--$300ish per tire, but that is not a major concern since nearly all of them are north of $250. Part of the problem could be the size and weight of the tire for my truck--20" and 10 ply. Then again, I have had 20" tires that were better than these AT/2's (the MS/2's on my 2010 FX4 were stellar). Thanks to all who have posted thus far--are any of you running load range E tires?

I'm thinking of moving up one size to 285/65/20E.
The Nitto 3-ply are 34.8" od, which is only an extra .2" all round from the Michelin AT/2s, have a much tougher case and deeper tread.

Luckily BFG tires have a different compound make up, and aren't junk like Michelin tires. For the All Terrains, the price is worth it.
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Thanks to all who have posted thus far--are any of you running load range E tires?
My dad actually went from 265/70-17 to 285/70-17 BFG All Terrains Load a Range E on his FJ Cruiser, they've been fantastic for the past 15k miles or so. It sails down the highway and surprisingly still handles good. He beats the [censored] out of it every weekend doing 4-wheeling, I drive it pretty often and we took it on a pretty nasty trail this weekend. He's going to have to warranty out one of the tires, we took a big sharp rock into the sidewall. Still holds air fine but he'll let Discount Tire warranty it out. He had to warranty one out before because he ran into a sharp rock before, held air once again. Not the tires fault though.

I'm currently running BFG AT/KO2s on my Tundra. They're 285/70-17, Load Range E. I love them. Even the wife commented about how much quieter my truck is since I had these tired installed.

I only have 10K miles on them at this time. I put 4K on them during a road trip in April. I drove from Tacoma to Monterey, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Moab, UT before heading home. On this road trip, I spent a lot of time on the freeway and can say that they were very smooth at 85 mph on I-40. I also went offroading in the Mojave Desert and outside of Barstow. I also did some offroading in Utah near Moab. I wish I had a bit more ground clearance as I scraped bottom a few times but the tires did well.

I replaced the AT/2's on my Colorado with Goodyear Duratracs. I couldn't be happier so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back