Simple Explanation of ZDDP Synthesis

based on common discussion around lubricants enthusiast from my group, if higher than 5% base oil will deteroriate, that was my fellows said
The information you received is inaccurate as is usual with most automotive websites.

The information you received is inaccurate as is usual with most automotive websites.
thank you MolaKule, if you can further provide detail explanation about esters in lubricants or maybe some links where I can learn from, I would appreciate your help

Here is an article by one of our own members (on the main page under "Articles") who was an ester chemist and designed them:

Esters In Synthetic Lubricants - Bob is the Oil Guy

By T. G. Schaefer (Tom NJ) "In the simplest terms, esters can be defined as the reaction products of acids and alcohols. Thousands of different kinds of esters are commercially produced for a broad range of applications. Within the realm of synthetic lubrication, a relatively small but still..."

and

and A Review of Mineral and Synthetic Base Oils:

Last edited:
as is common a little over my ameture head BUT interesting reading no less as it shows how LITTLE the average guy really knows

Back