Silverado oil pump / oring replacement

So this is a repost from another form, but got limited replies - maybe due the post being old and not exactly in the ideal place.

....I have a dreaded malfunctioning oil pickup oring in my 5.3 chevy Silverado. I plan to replace the oring, oil pump, timming chain, chain tensioner, and all seals and gaskets. The only issue i have i don't have a lift. is it possible to remove the pickup tube bolt, with a box wrench, form the top of the engine compartment? I've seen people use a combination of box wrenches, needle nose pliers, and magnets. The only issue is that everyone on youtube has a lift. Can this be realistically done without a lift, in a short period of time (as in a day, two at most before my apt tows my derelict truck)? Does anyone have any suggestions beside taking it to local garage (which will cost about $3000 for what I mentioned)?

If you are anywhere near a city or town look for a place where you can rent a garage for a couple of days, plenty of guys here have gone this route. Hopefully your truck is driveable so you can get it there.

I was also contemplating about finding an old loading dock... but this would be assuming I could finish the job in one day.

Greg, do you have access to a jack and at least two jack-stands? Also, is your truck 2 or 4 wheel drive?
I sure don't know how to get the the pickup tube out of the pump without removing the oil pan. If you have 4wd, you have to remove the front diff to get the pan off. However...We have some crackerjack LSX experts on this forum. If there is a way, they will know.
Sounds pretty tough given your situation.

Some places have bays you can rent for the day. But I think as long as you have a jack and jack stands and a place to work on it at it could be done that way but of course it would be harder laying on the ground.

Greg, do you have access to a jack and at least two jack-stands? Also, is your truck 2 or 4 wheel drive?
I sure don't know how to get the the pickup tube out of the pump without removing the oil pan. If you have 4wd, you have to remove the front diff to get the pan off. However...We have some crackerjack LSX experts on this forum. If there is a way, they will know.
Sounds pretty tough given your situation.
I resemble a crackerjack lol! I have replaced my oil pump and o ring and timing chain on my 5.3 envoy. It can be done, but it is a little time consuming with all that has to come off to gain access to the front of the motor. To drop the oil pick up tube, all I used was a good open wrench, 10mm I believe. Mine only had one bolt, and when I had backed it out a few threads, I used braided fishing string and tied it to the bolt, and let it drop into the pan and pulled it out of the pan. Easy. There should be plenty of room to wiggle the pickup tube and rotate the pump a little and pull off the crank shaft. After everything was changed, I kept the same string on the bolt, and tied the string to something so if I did drop it, I could retrieve it. Once the bolt was started, I cut the string and torqued everything down and assembled everything back. Youtube has a few videos of guys using the fishing string technique. Saved me 2500 from the stealership, just cost me an afternoon and parts and fluid.

My issue was not a failed o ring though, my oil pump spring relief plug was stuck, either by contamination or really awesome manufacturing.

Back