Silicone on backside of brake pad?

Changing your pad material is going to do more than any kind of goop or lubricant. My M2C has 6 pot calipers and sounded like a school bus until I changed the pads. BMW and Brembo specifically tell you NOT to lubricate anything with this brake system. I didn't and it's now silent with Carbotech 1521s.

Have personally experienced exactly that several times fixing stuff others have worked on. So good for you "experts", I guess.
So, no brake lube/anti squeal according to the above post, but in the previous post, quoted below, you state that brake lube/anti squeal is required.

Tell me, which “experts” are you criticising?

The ones who use it?

Or the ones who don’t?
It will the first time you have to tear a set back down because you didn't and they start squealing or squeaking.

Have personally experienced exactly that several times fixing stuff others have worked on. So good for you "experts", I guess.
The OE pads with two-piece shim kits will require a small amount of lube between the shims; the outer shim is often stainless steel and does not require any lube between the caliper and the stainless steel shim. Some Honda products do not use stainless steel for the outer shim and on those applications, the manual usually says to use M77.

Opinions are split on lubing the contact points (pad ears).

On aftermarket pads with the flimsy one-piece clip-on shim, no amount of goop has made a material difference for me.

I've been able to eliminate squeal by applying the silicone pin grease on the back.

A quality pad shouldn't squeal in the first place though

This is from Bendix brake company.

Bendix Ceramasil Brake Parts Lubricant is specially formulated to reduce brake noise, vibrations and harshness (NVH) by dampening all natural brake vibrating frequencies. It is made from pure Polydimethylsiloxane base oils and treated with the latest rust, oxidation, and anti-wear additives to provide lasting protection against friction, wear and corrosion.

To be most effective it should be applied to caliper hardware, pins, slides & bushes to ensure smooth operation. Also, to all metal-to-metal contact areas metal to rubber contact areas backing plates of brake pads or brake shoes between shim and backplate of brake pad.

It can be used on seals of Disc Brake caliper assemblies, all moving caliper hardware, rubber components, backing plates, shims, and Brake Shoe assemblies. It meets the Japanese rubber compatibility standard JIS K 2228 with EPDM & Nitrile rubbers.

This is from Bendix brake company.

Bendix Ceramasil Brake Parts Lubricant is specially formulated to reduce brake noise, vibrations and harshness (NVH) by dampening all natural brake vibrating frequencies. It is made from pure Polydimethylsiloxane base oils and treated with the latest rust, oxidation, and anti-wear additives to provide lasting protection against friction, wear and corrosion.

To be most effective it should be applied to caliper hardware, pins, slides & bushes to ensure smooth operation. Also, to all metal-to-metal contact areas metal to rubber contact areas backing plates of brake pads or brake shoes between shim and backplate of brake pad.

It can be used on seals of Disc Brake caliper assemblies, all moving caliper hardware, rubber components, backing plates, shims, and Brake Shoe assemblies. It meets the Japanese rubber compatibility standard JIS K 2228 with EPDM & Nitrile rubbers.
I bought a tube of the sil glyde stuff for $11 vs those dumb packets at the auto parts store. Hopefully it has a long shelf life.

Back