Shower Cleaners: consumer vs. commercial

I normally use a "consumer grade" shower cleaner such as this one:

However, I am curious if the "commercial grade" ones work significantly better. The cost is about double, but ultimately immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

Does anyone have experience?

Double? One is a gallon, one is a 1/4 gallon. So the commercial is actually 1/2 price.
But i do not have experience.

There are assorted things that these do, but not all do it the same way. There are spray on shower cleaners that have anti-chelating ingredients (primarily dis odium EDTA) to disperse soap scum. This one is hard to read, but the first ingredient listed in the potentially hazardous stuff is citric acid.

Double? One is a gallon, one is a 1/4 gallon. So the commercial is actually 1/2 price.
But i do not have experience.
Lysol is $4.48 for 1-qt
Comet commercial is $33.03 for 1-gal (so $8.26/qt)

There’s a product called Wet n Forget that works as well or better than anything I’ve ever found.
It does work..and great outside too on the house siding and even on driveways that dont get the sun much...It does not work right away but give it a little time and you will see that it woks great...

My ex used that Comet, something about latinas and comet. It worked better than the Lysol spray that you posted though, which is what I have right now in my bathroom. Once this bottle of Lysol is done, I'm actually going to try out that Comet. This Lysol bottle was disappointing.

The lysol you just posted lists $14.50/qt. hence my confusion.
It actually lists 3rd party seller for 14.50

In store its 4.27

LYSOL® Mold & Mildew Remover -Bleach​

(4.5)4.5 stars out of 253 reviews253 reviews
$4.27

This Odo-Ban works well.
For real commercial, it’s all about price. Look on EBay for Diversey shower, tub, and tile cleaner. You typically buy one spray bottle, then use tiny concentrate 20ml SnapNDose to mix 50:1. For higher concentrations they make a system to attach to a water source and 128:1 or 256:1 bottles.

Both the above do a good job cleaning, but they’re not more powerful than store shelf stuff. Just different smell, and less pungent.
Well, I didn’t particularly like what was on the store shelf. Scrubbing bubbles my 🫏.

As long as you don’t drop the ready-to-use bottle and crack it, and you don’t mind using the same cleaner for years, it’s economical.

Back