Should I use old synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuk,

In that case he probably ought to "hoof" it on over to the oil disposal place and get rid of it, eh?
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
You could have found the holy grail, the oil of life,the GERMAN Castrol, the elixer, the nectar of the of the Gods, the oil every one is looking for.

You know, Pablo, if I didn't know you better I would almost think you were making fun....nawwwww
grin.gif

Cryptokid,

You are a brave man to risk all for the sake of science
rolleyes.gif

[ August 02, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

If that old synthetic oil is a few years old, it is not going to be rated SL. It might be rated SJ or even less. If your vehicle requires SL oil, use that old oil for something else. In addition, if an old sits too long on a shelf, eventually it will start to degrade, even in a sealed container. Pennzoil in an answer to a question regarding this said something to the effect that an oil can be stored in a sealed container for 18 months.

Also, if you are doing Auto-RX treatments, Frank said that conventional motor oil works best (at least when I did my Auto-RX cleaning). Unless it has changed since that time, or unless you have a vehicle that needs synthetic oil (like a Corvette), it is probably best to use a conventional oil for the cleaning.

I know I'm probably too late, but surely you must have a friend or co-worker with a 1996 or older car to give it to instead of just trashing it?
dunno.gif
Seems like such a waste.

Just leave it in the office lunch room - free stuff always vanishes from there!
grin.gif

[ August 06, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: 4DSC ]

quote:

Originally posted by 4DSC:
Just leave it in the office lunch room - free stuff always vanishes from there!
grin.gif

4DSC,

I can overhear the conversation now..."Hey Jake, have you tried the new salad dressing someone left in the lunch room?" Yeah, man, it's awful it tastes like motor oil!"
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
4DSC,

I can overhear the conversation now..."Hey Jake, have you tried the new salad dressing someone left in the lunch room?" Yeah, man, it's awful it tastes like motor oil!"
grin.gif

LMAO!!!!
lol.gif

I think he'd do this:
freak2.gif

grin.gif

Yuk, give it to any neighbor running dino. Don't waste that much good oil down the recycling drain. They won't care, and it's way better than what they use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back