should i test old GC v. new GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked so much recently i cant remember if i have already posted this or not but, here it goes....

Right now im at like 2500 miles into a run w/ green GC. I was going to go next (to test it) w. BC 5w-40 for summer (see how it holds up in the hot southern weather) but, now im thinking of doing a UOA of the green GC im running now and another with the gold GC. What do yall think? Are yall interested? Shouldnt take too terribly long as ive got a 1600mile roundtrip next week to Florida.

Way I see it is that, if the gold GC comes back with as good or better (since it will be primarily on city driving and the green GC on the highway.) numbers as the old green GC then we will know just how good it really is-no?

later, chris j.

Do it. Absolutely. We need all the info on the Gold we can get and the more uoa's the better.

I have 3 oci's of the green left, so I'm definitely interested to see if the Gold performs.

Sounds like a good plan, with the only negative part being the fact that you've got that long trip coming up. During that long highway trip, your engine wear should be next to nothing, so on the following interval if you do not do a similar long highway trip, it's not exactly the fairest comparison.

But don't let that discourage you from doing the test! I know a lot of us are waiting to see the gold GC results coming in, since we've only got one so far (the SLX Longtec report from Quattro Pete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back