Should I do a drain and fill?

2012 Hyundai Genesis, 125,xxx miles. I don’t think it’s had any transmission work done to it, but I’ll dig into that.

Transmission has started rough shift, occasional rev before shifting. Been doing it a few weeks Hoping a drain and fill (not a flush) might help.

Yes hurry drain and fill.
We were to late 119k on our daughters hyundia, dead trans

Better late than never

Repeat a few times with a few miles, or few hundred, in between each drain/refill

Definitely change the pan filter and get the level correct with a scan tool.

Is this the original transmission?
What order should I do it? Replace pan & filter at the first drain or replace second drain?

With the exception of Honda’s, I have never seen a trans service resolve any notable issues.

Make sure you fil the transmission with the proper amount of ATF. Modern automatic transmissions are picky about how much fluid is in the pan. Find a Hyundai forum to see if there's a specific temperature range in which the fluid level needs to be checked.

hoping to do it next week Friday.
Yes, I was late to a drain and fill on my 2013 Sentra CVT. It blew up at 66k. Dealer replaced the trans no questions asked. Just barely under warranty. Saved me 4500k. Drain and fill every 30k. Can’t hurt, can help.

Yes, I was late to a drain and fill on my 2013 Sentra CVT. It blew up at 66k. Dealer replaced the trans no questions asked. Just barely under warranty. Saved me 4500k. Drain and fill every 30k. Can’t hurt, can help.
Well if your CVT blew at 66K I would say the CVT was defective or not filled properly at the factory or with the wrong fluid at the factory. No CVT or transmission should fail at 66K assuming it was not raced or abused (burnouts). Changing the fluid at 30K would probably not have helped the situation.

Eneos is probably oem spiv for Hyundai/Kia as bottle looks same as Kia bottle. Napa sells it for abt $10 a quart. Shifted same as factory fluid for me in Kia. May need to order but was only a day for order online pick up. In store when I ordered last

I tend to agree. But they stole my thunder by being totally pro active concerning the replacement process. They flat bedded the car to the dealership and I had it back in 4 days. I literally spoke a dozen words to the service advisor. It was like “ your car is ready, come and get it”. I should have insisted they flat bed it back to me but I figured leave well enough alone.

Eneos is probably oem spiv for Hyundai/Kia as bottle looks same as Kia bottle. Napa sells it for abt $10 a quart. Shifted same as factory fluid for me in Kia. May need to order but was only a day for order online pick up. In store when I ordered last
SP4 and SP4M are different.

Suggest Dan check owners manual for correct spec for what the Genesis takes. I mentiond the Napa source of Spiv because someone else mentioned Spiv in the thread.. I do suspect that was what Hyundai was using in 2012, but could be wrong there.

Back