Should I be Excited with QS Torque Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a srong groupIII oil, but I'm switching from Castrol HM 10W40, Valvoline synpower 5W30 to QS torque 4x4 truck full synthetic 5W30.

All my cars ask for 5W30 (e.g. 02' Subaur WRX 2.0 Turbo , 05' Mercedes C230 1.8L Supercharged , 95' Honda Prelude H22A)

Hey, Johnny,

How much difference is there between the Quakerstate syns and the PP line?

Does it go as deep as the base oils, or is it just an add pack difference? Just curious.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Hey, Johnny,

How much difference is there between the Quakerstate syns and the PP line?

Does it go as deep as the base oils, or is it just an add pack difference? Just curious.

A couple of years ago it was totally different. Now I think it is mainly the additive package. The European formulas (including the 5W-40 approved Ferrari oil) are the same product, which is the same formula as Shell Helix Ultra. It use to be the actual Shell Helix Ultra shipped over hear and repackaged, but now it is actually made in small quantities in the Houston area.

PP must be a bit superior than the QS.
so, PP 5w40 = ultra helix? or QS euro formula = ultra helix?

Originally Posted By: Johnny
A couple of years ago it was totally different. Now I think it is mainly the additive package. The European formulas (including the 5W-40 approved Ferrari oil) are the same product, which is the same formula as Shell Helix Ultra. It use to be the actual Shell Helix Ultra shipped over hear and repackaged, but now it is actually made in small quantities in the Houston area.

Does that mean it's PAO based?

don't forget a complete K&N filter changeover also
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Does that mean it's PAO based?

No. Helix Ultra is a XHVI Group III base synthetic.

Originally Posted By: AllKnowing
Dont get excited til you pour in a qt. of Slick 50.

Why would you want to do something stupid like that?

To keep it brief, the majority of members on this site have a motor oil fetish if you will. In this particular application synthetic is totally overkill, so pour in the Slick 50 and enjoy the placebo effect, your car will be so quiet and smooooth! You will be enjoying the best placebo effect money can buy. Dont tell anyone but motor oil is motor oil, this site isnt about motor lubrication its about our motor oil fetish.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
"Should I be Excited with QS Torque Full Synthetic "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course you should. All lubricants should excite you.

I would think "aroused" would be a more appropriate state.

To keep it brief, the majority of members on this site have a motor oil fetish if you will. In this particular application synthetic is totally overkill, so pour in the Slick 50 and enjoy the placebo effect, your car will be so quiet and smooooth! You will be enjoying the best placebo effect money can buy. Dont tell anyone but motor oil is motor oil, this site isnt about motor lubrication its about our motor oil fetish.

My moron alert went off when I read this one. Appropriate the name is AllKnowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back