Short Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following quiz consists of 4 questions and will tell you whether you are qualified to be a "professional." Scroll down for each answer. The questions are NOT difficult.
1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?
The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.
2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?
Did you say, " Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator? " (Wrong Answer) Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend except one. Which animal does not attend?
Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory. OK, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.
4. There is a river you must cross but it is inhabited by crocodiles. How do you manage it?
Correct Answer: You swim across. All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting.

This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes. According to Anderson Consulting World wide, around 90% of the professionals they tested got all questions wrong. But many preschoolers got several correct answers. Anderson Consulting says this conclusively disproves the theory that most professionals have the brains of a four year old.

>The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

Speaking of which... why bother closing the door? The giraffe is in the refrigerator whether the door is closed or not. "Overly complicated," indeed.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by HardbodyLoyalist:
>The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

Speaking of which... why bother closing the door? The giraffe is in the refrigerator whether the door is closed or not. "Overly complicated," indeed.
grin.gif

That makes sense. It also simplifies number 2. A giraffe being a tropical animal wouldn't stay in the refrigerator, so you wouldn't have to take it out to put the elephant in.

You point about not closing the door is also valid for the elephant, which messes up the nice pat answer for 3.

It also leaves 4 up in the air sionce we also don't know where the elpehant will go as soon as we turn our back on the refrigerator. The missing animal could be croc waiting for an easy meal.

I think that my management in head office associate with the giraffe/fridge thing.

They put it in the business plan "Steve must complete the financial year with a Giraffe in a refrigerator."

I put up a submission to either:
* buy a bigger fridge;
* buy a bandsaw;
* buy a pride of lions and a dung shovel;
* (finally) buy a lettuce to place in the fridge, because we always need to have more options.

Finally I get back (from a beancounter) that I've explored a lot of options that have failed to fullfill the original business plan.

I should instead have investigated the option of assembling a refrigerated structure around a pride of lions that were seemingly worshipping a lettuce and a dung shovel.

My protests that their option was the least viable means if achieving the business plan merely reflect my ignorance.

1: You ask the giraffe to squeeze in. Learn to delegate authority!
2: You ask the elephant to squeeze in [if a giraffe can fit, surely there is room for the elephant!]
3: The Tazmanian devil is not there [extinct]
4: The river does indeed have crocs in it, as it is stated that it is inhabited by them, not uninhabited by them.
Correct answer: ride the giraffe.
Just having fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back