Shell Helix Ultra Maserati 10W-60

Originally Posted by Popsy
Any difference with the old 10W60 Shell that had the Ferrari logo? ...†

Exactly, Shell 10w-60 was one of the few FIAT approved oils for the older Maserati engines, before they used Ferrari engines.

those FEW that can afford those cars rarely DIY it + care less about cost IMO.

Id run nothing but 10w60 Redline in that. Though I did see a program on YouTube by maybe... Savage goose or something and he explained that those same cars in the winter would run a 0w40. Any car calling for a xW-50/60 isn't getting dirty or wet in weather 🌡️ less than 70 degrees outside! I watched my dad do that with the Porsche.

same oil?.... this is manufactured in my country Argentina
Shell 10w60.jpg

Id run nothing but 10w60 Redline in that. Though I did see a program on YouTube by maybe... Savage goose or something and he explained that those same cars in the winter would run a 0w40. Any car calling for a xW-50/60 isn't getting dirty or wet in weather 🌡️ less than 70 degrees outside! I watched my dad do that with the Porsche.

I ran the recommended Castrol TWS Motorsport 10W-60 in my BMW Z4M with S54 engine. It was fine in any weather honestly. Had snow tires on it. Did sound a bit ghastly on start the week I drove it when the “polar vortex” arrived and it was -10 F or lower in the mornings.

Back