Share your favorite burger recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm itching to make some burgers in the coming days... getting tired of grilling just sausages and steaks.

This recipe sounds interesting, although I'd cut down on most of the brown sugar I think.
I'd rather eat something spicy than sweet.

Any recommendations for good burgers?

One of the best burgers I ever had was filled with little chunks of blue cheese mixed in with the hamburger. There were spices (maybe oregano?) as well.

I like to improvise when it comes to burgers. There are thousands of opportunities and here are some options:

- mix some pork or lamb with ground beef;
- use onions and herbs;
- use small bits of cheeses mixed or in a pocket;
- use orange or lemon zest;
- use Indian or other spices;
- use bread crumbs and an egg in the mix.

I mix 50-50 hamburger/ground turkey.
Add some crumbled blue cheese. Not too much.
Garlic powder
Onion Powder
Worcestershire sauce
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper

I salt and pepper them in patty form just before placing them on the charcoal grill. Add a piece of extra sharp slice cheese about 30 seconds before they are done and close the grill top. Sesame seed buns have been toasted with sweet cream butter. When burgers are medium well, I place them in the bun and put back into the bun package to steam. Pile on the condiments 5 minute later and watch out. YUMMMMO

When I was growing up, to 'stretch' a package of ground beef to cover the whole family, my folks used to mix at least two eggs and lots and lots of breadcrumbs or crushed crackers into the meat. Used to double the volume of a pack of ground beef.

I got used to that taste, so years later, when i started having more burgers that were 100% beef, I found they tasted 'odd'....funny the things you are brought up with!

Just made burgers yesterday. I made 1.25 lbs of ground chuck and mixed in a half packet of knors french onion soup mix probably 2 tablespoons of garlic powder and idk what to call it so I'll call it a goodly amount of worchester sauce. They rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back