Shannow MIA

And all this time I've been thinking that "Shannow" is somehow your name (first or last or somehow related). Oops.

All the best to you.

Hi Guys...userfriendly alerted me to this thread.

I appreciate it...and have been gone too long...will get into the PMs, apologies, that was slack.

If I think critically (I'm pretty good at that), the forum change was just something that triggered a "too hard" spot in my psyche at the time.

Yep, per the points on where I've been post family moving out last July)
Dec - promotion - fires, evacuating work, bar essentials, running that, and standing on my own roof with the fires 400' away, worrying about kids with no roads in or out of town, spent 6-1/2 hours with them Christmas.
Jan - prep for 2020 - looking to be a great year, 30 mins with the kids
Feb - COVID prep
Mar - preparing COVID protocols for site, sent everyone off site who didn't have to be there, 23 minutes with my son.

All gets blurry from there, work from home moved to 60 hour weeks, literally hundreds of hours on keeping those peeps safe and assessing new risks in real time, solo in my home office, just me and the cat...

Prep for the biggest shutdown my station has ever had, peak 1,000 people the other day, managed in the current state of the nation.

No coms from the kids, our connection is a $40k p.a. child support bill - letter from a lawyer when daughter dropped H.S. and took up a vocational training in travel and tourism. Another letter from a lawyer a few weeks ago asking for a property settlement.

Survived, not broken, but in no headspece to even keep track of what the latest polymer VII happens to be...

Started my first new relationship in 28 years mid Sept...it's lovely...we laugh and laugh a lot.

Short term targets
* get property settlement done, and tht phase of my existance gone
* wait for my Rossi Citadel to get delivered.
* Get a small tinny fishing boat hopefully with summer to spare.
* get a dog.

...and then maybe get back into oil...I've got a stupid stash...

Thanks guys....

Steve

Glad to know you are doing ok! Glad to see you post.
Hope things continue to improve. Stay safe!

Bryan

And all this time I've been thinking that "Shannow" is somehow your name (first or last or somehow related). Oops.

Nope, a handle that I've used forever (was Logan in the early Shooter's Online forums before Wolverine became "popular")

Good to hear you are still around and have something to laugh about...and with. So many peoples lives have turned into another life this year. My eldest daughter's marriage fell apart over our lockdown, she was the one walked out on and had it all to deal with. House sold, I shifted them twice in a month, had 2 daughters and a grandaughter, and 5 cats living with us for 3 weeks, the problem cat has stayed with me....the wife says it's me or the cat. The cat is staying.

Silk did a runner in the change over, so I'm here in his place with zero post count.

The Volvo is getting an oil change soon, it's just getting too much use now.

Has anyone heard from Steve recently? Last post was early July. I know he got real busy at work with safety protocols and his personal life got sideways. A PM I sent a while ago was never answered. Hope he's OK.

Was just thinking of him yesterday as I heard my Jeep make a new noise. He said BITOG ruined him and something about how he can’t just go for a drive without noticing every little detail. Lol.

Good to see he’s back.

Hang in there bro, live life and enjoy,
thumbs up for fishing, I take kids from my kids elementary school out to the local lake for pan fish.

Take a min and review the fin settlement with a fine tooth comb, seek help of friends/family.
40k past due? what basis?

Good to see you are doing okay, Shannow. Add me on Facebook (Bryce Smith in Edgefield, SC) and we can chat anytime you like if you need to vent.

Good to hear from you Shannow, look after yourself, the oil debate will always be here when you feel like it again.

Good to hear you are still around and have something to laugh about...and with. So many peoples lives have turned into another life this year. My eldest daughter's marriage fell apart over our lockdown, she was the one walked out on and had it all to deal with. House sold, I shifted them twice in a month, had 2 daughters and a grandaughter, and 5 cats living with us for 3 weeks, the problem cat has stayed with me....the wife says it's me or the cat. The cat is staying.

Silk did a runner in the change over, so I'm here in his place with zero post count.

The Volvo is getting an oil change soon, it's just getting too much use now.
Silk / Motu, All the best to you and your family too, sounds like you have been busy as well.

In other words... You get hammered on what you have to pay.. Bad deal...

Very good to hear that you are doing good considering everything Shannow...

One day at a time... Something I have to remember too.

so it is based on how many overnights you have vs how many she has?
Yep....October 3rd last year the CHild Support Agency rang, treated me like a deadbeat, as I had "failed to provide any primary care for the 8 weeks since they moved out...by primary care, it means nights slept in the house...factually correct, but a manufactured circumstance...still haven't, not one in17 months...

Back