Serpentine Belt brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2009 CRV hit the 100k mark and I want to go ahead and replace the serpentine belt (and maybe the tensioner once I see how difficult it is). Honda shows part number 38920-RBB-E03 made by Bando and they seem to range from $60-$80. I typically buy OEM parts, but is this just a great belt or will a Dayco, Gates, Goodyear or AC Delco work or be better?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have an 03 CRV and can tell you that my serpentine belt is really tight to access. I first used a Goodyear segmented belt but the serpentine belt cracked in less than 20,000 miles. The area of the serpentine belt use runs hot. After that I used the Gates belt and never had a problem. I have about 50,000 miles on the Gates belt with no noise or cracks.

You can get the Bando 7PK1755 for $14.31 plus shipping from Rock Auto. That is what I'm running on my 2008 CR-V.

Bando

- 1 for the Dayco. I quit using Dayco after squeaking issues that were 100% solved with OEM belt. I would use Gates or OEM. Check tensioner or idler for noisy or rough bearings.Honda tensioner and idler can go 200k if bearing seals stay intact. On my Honda S2000 I pressed in new 6203 2rs bearings to save some $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back