Sensen "Quick Strut" Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to Willbur's experiences, I was set to pull the trigger on a set of Monroes until I started reading here about their lack of longevity. While a warranty is nice to have, who wants to spend time every couple of years getting these things replaced over and over? I kept seeing KYB recommended over Monroe, for both ride firmness and longevity. Anyone have something additional to add to that?

Last edited:
No problem, guys. Struts are obviously outside of this board's comfort zone, but a valid maintenance item. I've never before purchased Sensen or any other manufacturer other than OEM. These Sensens were basically all four for the cost of almost one whole coRner of OEM setup, so I wanted to share. It's a way to keep a vehicle viable and still maintain control of the vehicle. Let's be straight, nobody shopping performance handling upgrades will buy these. But they certainly seem to be a good deal for the person with a 10-year-old car trying to stretch it to 15.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
Similar to Willbur's experiences, I was set to pull the trigger on a set of Monroes until I started reading here about their lack of longevity. While a warranty is nice to have, who wants to spend time every couple of years getting these things replaced over and over? I kept seeing KYB recommended over Monroe, for both ride firmness and longevity. Anyone have something additional to add to that?

Monroes are pretty popular and I think people just don't understand that they're only supposed to last 50-60k but people seem to expect 100k out of them. It's the bell curve, they're the most popular ones out there so you're going to read the most complaints. They actually say the same thing about KYB, but you don't hear it as much because they don't sell as much. There are those out there that also hate KYB with a passion too. Struts I place in the same category as brakes, you've just got to replace them because they do wear out. I think in some parts of the country they must have very smooth roads and maybe they last longer there. But around here there's lots of potholes and I don't expect mine to last as long. I'm just happy not to get too many bent/cracked rims or flat tires from potholes. Those do a number on your suspension too.

Report back in 1 year and see if they are still good. My guess is they will be no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back