0:30 SEC Sues Musk for Fraud
1:14 Volvo Trucks to Test Electric Trucks in CA
1:53 Valeo's Smart Cocoon Technology
3:17 Mercedes Names New Hypercar
3:56 Infiniti Develops Car with F1 Tech
4:36 Kia Introduces the New K900
5:59 Millennials Do Like Cars

Last edited:
Had seen Kia advertising in Korea for the K9 … told my peer surely they will not show up in North America under that name ? Somebody got it sorted … Ruff out loud …
wink.gif

Yep, I caught a CNBC segment that laid some of it out. Interesting, the SEC really isn't going to penalize Tesla as a company, only Elon, since they found out Elon was doing all this on his own. Just strange stuff man. I mean, what could he be smokin' to come up with this stuff?

In a way I'm kind of glad because he is an arrogant bugger. This ought to set him straight. As for the company I have mixed feelings on their vehicles and other products so a change might be a good thing if it were to go that way.

Teslas are amazing cars. No doubt its interesting to have them out there.
There's a way out of this mess, a way forward: Replace Musk with some outgoing personality cool person, AND keep Musk on as a hired employee, a Creative Advisor role. This would keep the mystique of having Musk giving his creative opinions, and also transfer the company into the hands of competent business people up for a challenge. ... Have a standard Tesla party to have Musk hugging the new CEO and explain how Musk will be the Cool Creative Advisor on projects. This would be legal having him as a hired person. .... Then, Musk would have to pay the SEC some big fines out of his own pocket for his independent bull that he spewed out over twitter, etc.

Last edited:
Commentato on a podcast I listened to the other day stated that he did it to destroy massive investment cos who were naked shorting Tesla...just saying.

As to his dog and pony show, we must surely be only months away from the semi trailer release and charging infrastructure.

Remember, 80,000lb, 65MPH, 500M range, and 20 minute recharge (that's 3.6MW transfer rate, some extension lead)

Originally Posted by Shannow
Commentato on a podcast I listened to the other day stated that he did it to destroy massive investment cos who were naked shorting Tesla...just saying.
That's what the SEC nailing him for, manipulating the markets. I assume it works the same way in the EU & your Australia, at least similar laws. (?) Maybe some other charges for him, not sure.

Originally Posted by Shannow
(that's 3.6MW transfer rate, some extension lead)
Wow that's some amps. Big wires, and/or lots of volts with thick insulators, is just scary.

All auto manufactures need to take a lesson on innovation from Elon. Lets face it there is no TSLA without Elon and no innovation in electric without TSLA.
SEC went behind poor Martha for 85K in trading when millions are swindelled by well connected thugs from Goldman Sachs and JPM and likes of those cronies.
SEC has no reputation to be fair and this is a hogwash to go behind him. Markets are manupulated either way for shorts - there is an Indian pharma company that lost 70% of its value yesterday because someone posted something on Whatsup. Can this company sue FB and American companies for spreading false messages - can SEC go behind FB. It is very selective and this is wrong.

Any company that relies upon one person for its continued existence is doomed to failure. There is plenty of electric innovation going on world wide without Musk's dog and pony show.

Originally Posted by Garak
Any company that relies upon one person for its continued existence is doomed to failure. There is plenty of electric innovation going on world wide without Musk's dog and pony show.

Yep,
was listening to Brooks Agnew in a podcast through the week...there's plenty of innovation without the silliness.
http://ev-fleet.com/latest-news-0/

Did you'all listen to Bob Lutz when he was talking about how Ford and GM are approaching electric vehicle. They'll take a loss on every one subsidize them with a price boost on their gas fleet sales. $200 per gas vehicle ought to allow them to price full capable electrics many thousands below what TESLA can do (no "other" fleet to offset costs against). It all comes down to economies of scale ...

What if it turns out the billionaire Arabs actually offered Musk the money?

He seems confident enough to walk away from a deal.

UD

He is going to regret walking away from that deal. The US govt makes EXAMPLES out of people. My prediction, is that he is removed from CEO, will never be allowed to serve again as an officer of a publicly traded company, the new management will order audits of Tesla, and massive fraud and abuse will be found in the financials. Then Mr fancy pants, gets to trade in his clothes for an orange jump suit and bunk with Bill Cosby.

Tesla stock down 14% today. Wow.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
He is going to regret walking away from that deal. The US govt makes EXAMPLES out of people. My prediction, is that he is removed from CEO, will never be allowed to serve again as an officer of a publicly traded company, the new management will order audits of Tesla, and massive fraud and abuse will be found in the financials. Then Mr fancy pants, gets to trade in his clothes for an orange jump suit and bunk with Bill Cosby.

I'd prefer they make examples of people that should know better over harassing folks over petty crimes with no means to defend themselves.

I would not be surprised if one of the big car manufacturers buys what is left of the company.
When is the question.

Originally Posted by cjcride

I would not be surprised if one of the big car manufacturers buys what is left of the company.
When is the question.

What's the harm in somebody with a fiduciary duty to the shareholders floating what appears to be a fake LBO scheme?
Hubris will out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tesla will end up in the hands of either Chinese or Indian interests. It is not a sustainable business as it now exists.

Originally Posted by fdcg27

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tesla will end up in the hands of either Chinese or Indian interests. It is not a sustainable business as it now exists.

You are a fool to think a visionary like Elon will be replaced by some Wall Street MBA. Think back what happened to Apple.
Innovation will only happen if the founders stay - Google, Apple, Amazon,Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, Nvidia etc. Others are put in the dustbin.
So relax, the SEC has always gone behind small fishes like Martha, some Srilankan and Indian fund managers etc. The big fishes are left to run with their ill got millions. SEC will settle with Tesla on some terms, they always settle. Look at the massive egregresious mistakes done by BoA, WF, Citi etc and they setlle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back