Season 2 of Jack Reacher out on Prime today

Has the series been good? I liked the books, haven't read all of them, but they've been good. Seen bits on youtube and it seems ok?

Tried the audio book and did not care for it much, made it a couple of chapters but technical difficulties arose and I didn't care for the narrator.

Has the series been good? I liked the books, haven't read all of them, but they've been good. Seen bits on youtube and it seems ok?

Tried the audio book and did not care for it much, made it a couple of chapters but technical difficulties arose and I didn't care for the narrator.

It's a good series. Sometimes they have to make it 1+1+1+1=4 really fast, but understandable.

I haven't seen this one yet, but season 1 was pretty good if not a bit contrived. I saw the Tom Cruise movies also. I don't think Cruise fit the character very well, but the movies were worth a watch IMHO, at least the story line was decent.

Surprisingly I didn't find the books all that great. There OK, not greatly written. They spend way too much time on the Harlequin Romance parts for my taste.

We have enjoyed the series very much. Like it better than the Tom Cruise movie, Jack Reacher. Have not read all the books by Lee Child. What I have read, some were better than others, but all a decent read.

Reacher's power of deduction is highlighted frequently in the Prime's series, reflecting the depth of character portrayed in the books.

Somehow I'm not certain this is what peaks my wife's attention.

Surprisingly I didn't find the books all that great. There OK, not greatly written.
I think that is why I like them--not deep, but fast paced, easy to get into. I can turn the brain off and read for enjoyment--I don't have to think deeply to follow it. It's like when I watch TV.

Not sure I'll run out and watch it, but all the more to watch if I get the chance, thanks.

Alan Ritchson is much more in character as Reacher compared to Tom Cruise. Nothing wrong with Cruise but if you've read the books Reacher is 6'5", Cruise is just too small. Watched E1 last evening, it didn't disappoint. The character is portrayed well in this series and they follow the story line close enough.

Enjoyed season one, and was really surprised on how much better I like Alan Ritchson as Reacher compared to Tom Cruise. The TV series also struck me as more fleshed out than the books I have read.

My wife and I enjoy the show. It's simplistic but not stupid, basic action formula but with decent writing and acting. Season 2 has a different feel to it, but just as good as season 1.

We have enjoyed the series very much. Like it better than the Tom Cruise movie, Jack Reacher. Have not read all the books by Lee Child. What I have read, some were better than others, but all a decent read.

Reacher's power of deduction is highlighted frequently in the Prime's series, reflecting the depth of character portrayed in the books.

Somehow I'm not certain this is what peaks my wife's attention.
Aahh it might be the shirtless scenes.:unsure:

I enjoyed S1. I am on the fence S2 first 3 episodes. Reacher seems to be over acting the part, the characters aren’t as likable, the plot seems a little flimsier, just not the same feel all around. I will stick with it, but not sure I give it a thumbs up this season.

Back