Sears lost my mower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2008 craftsman that had to have some warrenty work done.
The local Sears dealer said they would send it to Memphis, and we would have it in less then 2 weeks.

Well, 4 weeks later, I finally called to ask, and after hours on the phone, they said it was pretty much lost!
mad.gif

If I don't hear anything different about it, I'm going to call Sears and request a loner mower!

I paid $150 for a new pushmower, and I can't use it because its Sears FAULT!!

Anyone else had this expirence?

thanks,
Talker.

I'd walk into the store ask for a new mower, today.

My Dad for some reason buys sears junk, but always gets a new whatever if he makes it clear he's not leaving the store until he's satisfied.

I am a bit surprised your store doesn't have a local shop they use for repairs. Shipping a $150 mower around can't make much business sense...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

I am a bit surprised your store doesn't have a local shop they use for repairs. Shipping a $150 mower around can't make much business sense...

I know, but the store is kind of in a rule area.

Wouldn't Sears know how to ship and fix your mower with out loseing it?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: talker
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

I know, but the store is kind of in a rule area.

Wouldn't Sears know how to ship and fix your mower with out loseing it?
21.gif

Would make sense to find even more. I could probably find 3 or 4 in a short time in this little town.

talker,some one at Sears definitely needs to be held accountable for you mower.Dont quit until you get complete satisfaction from them.

Lexus 114, I agree, and will call sears TODAY!

They say its pretty much lost because someone forgot to put a service tag on it!

And, the service receipt they gave me didnt have who helped/sent it off for me. (I forgot, too)

Sears quality and customer service is getting worsr.

Darn it, I agree!

Only thing is, I just put Rotella T sae 30w oil in my old mower!

I will tell you what Sears says in a few hours!

I tell them they lost my 2009 craftsman zero turn riding mower......
grin2.gif

No, not really, but I need a pushmower.

Well, Sears has straightened this all out!

We will pick it up tomorrow.

They told me it was lost in Memphis, but it turns out it was behind their building.
LOL.

Typical comedy of errors that seems to be standard practice nowadays. It's easy to blame Sears, but finding reliable employees, especially for the starting wages they want to pay, is pretty tough.
frown.gif

If it IS your mower, double-check to make sure they didn't drain out your Rotella!!
LOL.gif

a few years back my boat dealer lost my boat.
they claimed that they lost it because I musta taken my name sticker off the trailer (they applied that at delivery)
I asked them if every other boat had a sticker and not mine.... bingo! or, when they realized they didn't know which boat was mine to fix, they shoulda called. they said they were too busy to call. hmmmm.... then why did they tell me the boat was ready for pickup when I called? actually, the boat was in 18 times for service the first two years. it was a really fun experience. not.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
a few years back my boat dealer lost my boat.
they claimed that they lost it because I musta taken my name sticker off the trailer (they applied that at delivery)
I asked them if every other boat had a sticker and not mine.... bingo! or, when they realized they didn't know which boat was mine to fix, they shoulda called. they said they were too busy to call. hmmmm.... then why did they tell me the boat was ready for pickup when I called? actually, the boat was in 18 times for service the first two years. it was a really fun experience. not.

I'm going to take a wild guess that their most popular response to any question was "Duuhhh...".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back