SDF45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what this Amsoil oil filter fits? I think it might be for my 84 Honda Civic 1.5, but I'm not sure. The Amsoil site does not list an SDF or one of the new filters for this application.

I use the SDF36, which is oversize SDF20, which these days is the EaO 20. Got a stash of em from Fairfax Auto Parts, 6 of em for 6.50 each. I'm gonna run em 20K each with 7500-10k OCI. Synthetic media, larger filter=higher capacity, what's better than that, other than the new ones?

Nothing, that's what!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LarryL:
Anyone know what this Amsoil oil filter fits? I think it might be for my 84 Honda Civic 1.5, but I'm not sure. The Amsoil site does not list an SDF or one of the new filters for this application.

Yes the SDF45 does fit the 84 Civic 1.5 per my old filter catalog.

Is the message, if you own an older Civic, stop using Amsoil, you can't get a filter, Amsoil dropped you.

LarryL, when you get an oddball filter that you can't figure out, get all the xref's and plug it in. I had to go to Baldwin to get SDF45 to work. I then plugged that number into WIX to get the spec's and the applications.

between WIX, Baldwin, Donaldson (and others) I can usually find just about anything and turn that back into a WIX to see the dimensions and applications.

Maybe Amsoil is dropping the filter for a 20 year old car
dunno.gif
They're probably on their 4th owner or in the junkyard ..or recycled already
dunno.gif

I think the message is that Amsoil won't pay for/stock/sell filters that are in low demand. I know it sucks, but if the volume isn't there, whatta ya gonna do?

Amsoil Vintage Car look up

Yields this:

WIX 51392 Oil Filter (S)
51392 WIX Filters $7.55

If you have a line on SDF45, do a life time buy.

OK the SDF45 has the following specs.

Threads = 22mm x 1.5mm
OD = 3.690
Height = 3.260
Gskt ID = 2.240
Gskt OD = 2.590
Bypass = 18-20 PSID
It has an ADBV

The ONLY EaO filter with 22mm threads is the EaO11. Other specs include:
OD = 3.660
Height = 4.167
Gskt ID = 2.462
Gskt OD = 2.834
Not sure on the bypass and the gasket may be too large for your application, maybe not.

If you check with some oldtime AMSOIL dealers, you'll probably come up with some of almost anything.

I've got some really old ASF-54s which fit Hondas of some 20 years ago. Based on my sales of them over the past 10 years, the 3 I have should last me until well into 2100s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back